Hello from Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidM

Figured it was time to make a post and say hello.  Signed up several weeks ago and have been reading up on post to educate myself on the RV world.  This community is very knowledgeable!  I've already learned a lot from reading post here.   

My wife and I are about to become empty nesters when our son goes off to college next fall.  I've been talking with the Mrs. about us getting a Class C and she has started to warm up to the idea.  I'm an avid motorsports and nature photographer, but I've grown very tired of hotels and flying for my photography trips.  I've even been talking to her about going full time once we get to our retirement years.  So right now I'm RV-Less, but hope to be changing that soon.  In the mean time I'm just going to soak up the knowledge and ask a question from time to time if that's OK. 

Welcome to the RV Forum David

And of course it fine to ask questions. The more you know before you buy the better chance of getting the right RV the first time.

If your thinking full time a class A may be a better choice.

A lot of us got really tired of hotels and airplanes when we were working - and now avoid them like the plague!  There's nothing like having your own bed, bathroom and kitchen.  And you won't miss the packing and unpacking every time you move!  Oh, and welcome to the RV Forum.  Feel free to ask questions as they arise.

ArdraF

Welcome aboard!  Spent three years in the Navy around the Annapolis area....sure miss the Crabcake sandwiches. 

I'd suggest renting an RV for a week or so to learn things you can't read about.

Thanks for the welcomes! 

I should have included that I do have some RV'ing experience.  A couple family members have Campers (Fifth Wheels) and a small Class C that I've used before.  My wife and both liked the Dynamax Isata 5 36DS we looked at in the fall at the Maryland RV show.  She said if we went any bigger I'd be doing all the driving.  :)

Plan is to sell the house next spring and go RV shopping.   

Back
Top Bottom