Hello from NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CandyJade41

Hello all. My name is Desiree and I am preparing to live out of my RV. Trying to leave in a few days. Wanting to checkout Quartzsite before everyone leaves. Already too late you think? I am in my mid thirties and will be doing this solo. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

✌️?

Des

geodrake

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to THE RV FORUM.

You are in for some swell times.  I have not done the Quartzsite thing myself but surely other members who have attended can be of assistance.

Know that we are a friendly bunch and we enjoy helping. Additionally, our library has a great deal of helpful reference material.

Welcome aboard!

Lou Schneider

Site Team
Hi Des, welcome to The RV Forum!

At this point, I wouldn't rush clear across the country just to visit Quartzsite, most of the action happens in January and by now it's settling back to being just another sleepy little town.  Put it on your list for next year.

If you're heading west, a good alternative is the week long Escapees Escapade (National Rally) and RV Boot Camp happening next month in Tucson.  If you're new to RVing, Boot Camp is an excellent way to get up to speed about the ins and outs of your RV. 

Escapees' Xscapers group for working age RVers will have a large contingent at the Escapade, you'll find lots of people with good information to share .

https://www.xscapers.com

CandyJade41

That?s what I figured about Quartzsite. Darn. Thanks so much for all of the info. You are all making my planning a breeze!

Old_Crow

Yes, the big show is over in Quartzsite.  This means that you can now get from one end of town to the other without a 30 minute wait in traffic, and you can get a table at a restaurant.  You can get in and out of the supermarket without waiting in a line that winds through half the store, and you can actually find some privacy in the desert surrounding town.
Not everybody is gone, just the people who only come for the show.  We'll be here another month and a half, and there's still plenty of people out in the LTVA's and the 14 day sites out in the desert.  On the plus side, there's also plenty of open sites in the actual RV parks in town.
We've had plenty of rain this year, so the desert is blooming and beautiful.  C'mon down!

Top Bottom