Hello from Splendora, Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatguytom83

Hello all,

My family and I are new to RVing and this site kept coming up in our searches. I thought it might be nice just to join and hopefully contribute as time goes on. We are currently looking at a well taken care of 1999 Winnebago Adventurer 33B from the original owners! There are a few things that need to be addressed but we hope she'll be a great rig for our little family. We started looking at RVs because the wife and I have been discussing how we could show our children the wonderful aspects of Texas that we both wished we saw when we were younger. We also thought it would be a great way to make memories while the kids are still young. We mostly plan to visit the popular parks in Texas as well as the Jellystone locations because they look like so much fun! As the kids age, and we get more experience we are thinking about four corners, but we'll let time handle that for now.

Here's to everyone's journey!
-Tom

Welcome to the RV Forum Tom

Hopefully you and the family will have a great time in the new toy.

Welcome,
Please be aware that if the tores on that well cared for rig are over 5-6 years old they will need replacing. Even if the tread looks good THEY NEED REPLACING.
Rv tires age out not wear out. The sitting unused in the sun and the heat damages them. This makes a blowout much more likely

Darsben,

Ahh, thank you for pointing that out. Yes, yes and yes! We are grateful that they were recently replaced with date codes starting around the 12 week of 2018. Tires were a big thing during our search.

Welcome neighbor.  I'm right in your back yard (Roman Forest).  A '99 is a little old, but if well taken care of can be a great rig.  Tires have already been covered, and it's good to see they are pretty new.  Hopefully the other issues you alluded to are not serious and can be addressed.  It sounds like you have a great plan for your family.  My Dad had that philosophy of wanting his kids to experience as much as possible growing up.  He was in the Air Force also, so we did a lot of camping in foreign countries.  Mostly Europe.  We saw a lot more than most kids because of Dad's decision to do it all in tents.  It was frustrating at times, especially for my older sisters, but looking back, none of us regrets it.  I hope your adventures take your kids to all the places you hope for them.  It will truly be an eye-opening experience.

Welcome again, and I hope to see you down the road!

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new toy! Camping and traveling  make really great memories for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom