Hello from sunny SoCal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlkPrl15

I was doing a google search for truck mods and found this forum today. Since there is a truck camper section I decided to join.

Our little family of four loves camping! (Ok maybe not the teenager). The Mrs. and I were both raised by camping families and have camped in everything from pup tents to class A motorhomes.

Our first RV was a 2007 Fleetwood pop-up tent trailer. My family was outgrowing my Toyota Tacoma tow vehicle (teenage legs) and the pop-up was a bit of a pain to set up for the single night stays that are required for the longer distance, future trips we had in mind. So, in 2017 we started researching alternative RV solutions. Due to space restrictions on certain campgrounds we decided against the bigger trailers and motorhomes. I found myself looking at class C's in the 25 foot range.

We have some property in the CO mountains that is only accessible via unimproved dirt roads. Our RV needed to have four wheel drive. I was disappointed that I couldn't find any class C's with that as an option. That led us to our decision to purchase a truck and truck camper last year. We love this set-up! We've been able to camp in snow, at tent only campgrounds, and recently returned from a week in Yellowstone.

Anyhow, looking forward to sharing our experiences and picking the brains of those more experienced. Cheers!

Welcome to the RV Forum BlkPrl15

Sounds like you'll be a good addition to our group. Just jump in where ever you can help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom