Hello From Two Future Travel Nurses!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asmol

Hello! My name is Amber and my significant others name is Kyle! We are both registered nurses and have worked in the ER for over 2 years now. We are still young in our 20's and before we decide to settle down we decided to travel nurse across the U.S. After much time, consideration, and research we decided the best way for us to get the most out of our jobs was to invest in a camper! We bought our first ever RV, fifth-wheel forest river wildcat 2019! We have yet to start our journey because we are slowly trying to get things lined up to make sure we don't miss anything important. My first post on this forum was actually related to some major issues we were having with our new RV. We ended up taking back to the dealer for repair, but after living in it for a few days, I miss it so much!!! Once we have it back we will be looking into our first travel assignment! Those who I have encountered on this forum so far are extremely helpful and kind. Looking forward to a place to share and receive knowledge.

Very exciting beginnings for you two.  Please update the post when you get your 5r back, curious about the gray tanks.  Do you guys get assignments or curious how this traveling Nurse thing works, is it through an agency? 

We get our assignments through agencies! :) There are tons of different travel nursing agencies and we have been told to go through at least three at a time, due to difference in pay, and difference in available jobs from agency to agency. We basically tell them what we are looking for and they let us know all of our available options. I will for sure update the thread about our fifth wheel, I'm curious to see what they say.

Welcome.  You will quickly learn what you do and do not like about your fiver.  Sadly you bought before you got here.  We might have been able to save you a bunch of troubles if you had.  Oh well, plan to enjoy it now, and be prepared to trade it in a year or so for something you will like better.  It happens to all of us, so dont fret.
Hope you uave one big enough to be comfortable for you.  As a suggestion, plan your assignments to follow the sun.  North in the summer, south in the winter.  That will midigate your heating bills, at least a bit.

We will for sure keep the weather patterns in mind. We are currently living in Texas and the heat is unbearable at times. While we were away at work we would put our AC to 78 and would turn it down late in the evening when we got home to attempt to save electricity for now. We are pulling our fifth-wheel with a 2018 Ford F-350 super duty that came with a tow package. We love it!

asmol said:
We will for sure keep the weather patterns in mind. We are currently living in Texas and the heat is unbearable at times. While we were away at work we would put our AC to 78 and would turn it down late in the evening when we got home to attempt to save electricity for now. We are pulling our fifth-wheel with a 2018 Ford F-350 super duty that came with a tow package. We love it!
Very impressive. You two should have a blast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom