Hello from Western Pennsylvania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beverlyjk61

My husband and I are new to RVing.? We just purchased a 285EFS Cougar 5th wheel.? Our current truck (2004 GMC Sierra) will not do the job, so we are shopping for a new truck.?

Funny thing, the rv dealer, and GM dealer both said it would be fine, but I have done my homework and see that we are not even close to safe towing.

We are new at this and have learned much from this site.? Plan on learning more and having the time of our lives.?

Thanks all!

Welcome to the forum.  I have learned much from this forum.  One thing in particular: Never trust the dealer.  Always check for yourself.  I am not saying dealers are dishonest.  I am merely saying do your homework and research.  Which you did  ;)

Funny thing, the rv dealer, and GM dealer both said it would be fine, but I have done my homework and see that we are not even close to safe towing.

Ah, another pilgrim has reached the stage of true enlightenment.  ::)

Welcome to the forum.

We'll be heading for Pittsburgh on Monday. Do you have any recommendations for campgrounds in the area?

Hello Wendy,

Sorry, I can't give you advice in that way.  I live 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.  Beautiful country.  I hope you find a nice place to stay and enjoy your visit.
We are new to RVing and just not sure about the campgrounds in our area. 

Bev

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Sorry to hear you got bit by lying or unknowledgable salesman.  Never believe a salesman that is trying to sell you something.  IMHO the honest, knowledgeable, and honorable vehicle salesman amount to maybe 10% or less.  You are not the first to be mislead.  You can learn more here and get some reliable answers to your questions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom