Hello need help getting stair lift for handiapped daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gellatlyc

Hello, I am new to RV traveling. We are are planning a trip to SC this July. I would like to get a stair lift for my daughter who is in a weelchair. She can transfer to a seat lift. Does anyone know of a good place to contact or if anyone is selling a used lift? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, Catie

I'm not sure where you are located, here in Indianapolis, there is a place called Access Mobility, that rents, and sells used, etc equipment.  I would start with your local area stores for recommendations.  I don't know your budget or your daughters abilities, or what you might be traveling in?  How does she transfer in to a car or van? 

Welcome to the RV Forum Catie

I don't think a stair lift will work with a RV entrance. The opening will likely not be wide enough and I'm not sure you will find suitable mounting points.

My first suggestion would be a Toy hauler type RV. It has a built in ramp in the back.

My 2nd thought would be a ramp you could fold and stow when not needed. A quick amazon search brought up quite a few choices.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=folding+ramps+for+wheelchair&crid=3CDG3VX0NHFQE&sprefix=folding+ramps%2Caps%2C184&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_13

Thank you for the advice. I live in ohio. My daughter can transfer to the lift seat, so she can operate the lift . She just needs to get up the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom