Hello to all the RV Forum Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Periscope Man

:)  Hi, My name is Earl and I have been RVing since 1972.  My wife and I have roughing it smoothly the whole time.  We are on our sixth class A motor home, like all the other times I said "This is the last RV we are buying".  We live in Chesapeake Virginia, very close to Norfolk.  I retired from the US Navy in 1973, but am still working.  We are just about set to get on the road again, last trip was to Raleigh NC area back in Feb.  Hope to be able to contribute some of the knowledge I have acquired during the past 33 years of RVing.

Hi Earl, welcome to our friendly forum. Glad you decided to join us, and look forward to you sharing some of your extensive RVing experience.

Hello Earl:

Periscope Man said:
:)? Hi, My name is Earl and I have been RVing since 1972.? My wife and I have roughing it smoothly the whole time.? We are on our sixth class A motor home, like all the other times I said "This is the last RV we are buying".? We live in Chesapeake Virginia, very close to Norfolk.? I retired from the US Navy in 1973, but am still working.? We are just about set to get on the road again, last trip was to Raleigh NC area back in Feb.? Hope to be able to contribute some of the knowledge I have acquired during the past 33 years of RVing.

Welcome!! We are glad you are here and look forwarding to having you as part of our group. It just grows and grows. :)

I was stationed in Norfolk many years ago ('56-'57) on board the USS Shenandoah. Have many pleasant memories of my times there - and the extended cruise we did in the Med during the Suez Canal conflict. The destroyer force was given the chore of removing the US citizens from the area that wanted to leave - as the British bombing Cairo was not too much fun to stick around for.

Early in the spring at our Quartzsite rally, several forum members stuck around after the rest of the group had departed and shared the fire around my campsite. On the 2nd night, we discovered that 3 of the 4 men in the group were ex-Navy. So that lead to about an hour of tall tales of Navy days -- boot camp in those days and such. The next night, none of the spouses showed up. When asked why, they commented that they didn't want to have to sit through another night of that stuff. ;D

Again -- welcome aboard . . .

Earl,

Welcome to the RV Forum Framily.  We are glad you found us.  Any chance you will be able to join us at one of our rallies during the year?  We would sure welcome you.  Please join in any of the ongoing discussions or start new discussions relating to the RV lifestyle.

HI Earl!  And welcome!

Were you a submariner?  Wondering because of your forum name.  I had a fantasy that extended into my young adult life of being a submariner.

We are just north of you in Southern Maryland, but soon moving to fulltiming with a MT domicile.

Hi Smokey,  Yep, spent almost 20 years on the boats,  diesel and nucs.  Few years on shore duty and some on submarine repair ship.  Didn't get the moniker from that though,  spent another 20 years working on the boats,  periscope and antenna repair, hence the name.  Still writing some tech manuals for the navy out of my house, sure beats driving to work every day.

Earl :D

That is cool.  I know several navy folk who retired and became consultants and continued to work either for the Navy or for a Navy contractor and they love it.  My wife's ex-husband ran the Washington recruiting office after he retired, virtually the same job he had after he stopped working on ships.  He passed away last year, but really enjoyed a full life.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom