hello to all......VERY new to RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benson

My wife and I are new to RVing. We were visiting our daughter out in Colorado (we’d flown and I hate flying especially now) and found a 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrow that looked reasonably in good condition and was within our meager budget so we bought it and drove back home. It was built on the Ford F53 chassis 32’ and has the 460 engine (I would have liked a diesel more) in it which I liked ( Ford chassis is more substantial) and a new engine was put in in 2001. It has all the paperwork and manuels so we figured “what the heck”. I drove a commuter bus in NYC for a while so it felt very comfoI purchased one at my daughter’s favorite dealer (Discount Tire……...I highly recommend them) in Grand Junction, CO and started our return trip. Route 70 between Grand Junction and Denver was washed out so we had to go through the mountain passes(fun,fun,fun) and it added about 150 miles or so more to the trip. In Iowa we had an inside rear tire blow while we were on the turnpike. It was about 4:30 pm on a weekday and I was able to limp off the highway. Asked a young lady at the toll booth for a tire place recommendation and she pointed us to a car dealership about 5 miles away, anyhow on the way we passed a Discount Tire so we pulled in. It was around 5:30 pm and I figured we’d have to stay the night, but we hadn't even stopped when the manager came out to greet us as asked about the problem. We explained, told him about the spare and that we hadn’t taken the extended ($35) unlimited warranty because it was a spare and he said “no problem” sold us a matching 10ply Michelin….extended waranty on both and had us back on the road by 6:30pm all for under $175……..I LOVE DISCOUNT TIRE! Suggestions for problems I need to solve in other posts.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

Glad you managed to control the vehicle when you got the blowout and it was fixed quickly.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

Safe and happy travels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom