Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerandmandy

Hi, we are brand new to the community, and we just got our first 5th wheel camper. We are still not quite sure what it is. Lol We are still waiting on the title, but think it may be a 70's model. Whatever it is, I'm in love and can't wait to fix it up to go on the road! Looking forward to talking to everyone! Thank you for adding us on here!!

Amanda

Jerandmandy said:
Amanda,
Are you a foster mom?
I used to be before becoming a permanent mommy. I've had 27 kids live in my house over the years. I had custody of my oldest foster daughter (she's now 28) her 2 kids until a year ago, we all miss those babies every day, they were 22 months and 6 years old when mom got custody. :(

Jerandmandy said:
:'( That would be so hard, but so amazing that you were there when they needed you!
Losing the kids at the end of it was heart breaking. And Mom cut all ties so we just have our memories and pictures. But as much as that part sucks, I'm thankful for the time we did have.

That would make it very difficult! It would be hard enough losing the kids, but not being able to see them would be heartbreaking. That is good that you are thankful for the time you had, and I'm sure for however long you had the kids, you made a difference in their life just as much as they did in yours. Sometimes that is all we can hope for, that even if for a short amount of time, we have made a difference in someone's life while our paths crossed.

To the two Amandas, you guys really really impress me with all the children. Jerandmandy, are your children foster children also?

Welcome to the RVForum Amanda, and congratulations on acquiring your new-to-you RV. RVing is a great family activity. We became foster parents to our youngest daughter when she was five months old, and we adopted her about a year later. She's now 21, in her fourth year of college and she's one of the kindest people on earth. (Must get it from Cyndi.) My hat's off to you for your amazing commitment to being a foster parent to so many children. I'm sure it enriched their lives.

Let us know if we can help with your newly adopted RV. They can sometimes be as challenging as children, but like children, they're worth the effort. (IMO) :)

Kev

BTW
You state you can't wait to take it on the road. Before you do anything I must ask what you intend to tow the rig with?
Also you will probably need new tires on the unit even if they look perfect. RV tires tend to age out before wearing out there is a way to find the age of the tire. A blowout on the road with a trailer can ruin your day and cost many dollars to repair

kdbgoat said:
To the two Amandas, you guys really really impress me with all the children. Jerandmandy, are your children foster children also?

No, our situation is more like the Brady Bunch.  :D

Kevin Means said:
Welcome to the RVForum Amanda, and congratulations on acquiring your new-to-you RV. RVing is a great family activity. We became foster parents to our youngest daughter when she was five months old, and we adopted her about a year later. She's now 21, in her fourth year of college and she's one of the kindest people on earth. (Must get it from Cyndi.) My hat's off to you for your amazing commitment to being a foster parent to so many children. I'm sure it enriched their lives.

Let us know if we can help with your newly adopted RV. They can sometimes be as challenging as children, but like children, they're worth the effort. (IMO) :)

Kev

Thank you, the other Amanda is the foster mom, but I completely agree, it is an amazing commitment that she has taken on, and you too!

The hardest thing we are having trouble with right now is figuring out what type of RV it is. We have searched every nook and cranny and cannot find a vin number anywhere, and haven't found anything even a little close to what we have by looking online. It's like a scavenger hunt! lol

darsben said:
BTW
You state you can't wait to take it on the road. Before you do anything I must ask what you intend to tow the rig with?
Also you will probably need new tires on the unit even if they look perfect. RV tires tend to age out before wearing out there is a way to find the age of the tire. A blowout on the road with a trailer can ruin your day and cost many dollars to repair

My husband brought it home with his work truck, he's a construction worker. I suppose I don't know what we will tow it with. lol We have talked about getting him a new work truck soon, (before we got the 5th wheel), so I assume that by the time we get this road ready, he will have a new work truck. Do you have any recommendations?

With the repairs inside, I never even thought about the tires! Thank you! We will definitely get new before we hit the road.

Back
Top Bottom