Hellppp my curcit panel has been making popping nosies nothing works its 90 out please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkdlsmsn

Well hello folks hope yall are doing well. I am in a bit of a pickle. I purchased a used 2013 coachman 32ft travel trailer. The panel started arching recently after purchase. It started when I turned on the fireplace due to cold I shut that off at the panel but my ac circuit breaker got hot the other day when it was 90 and shut its self off I mean HOT. the next day it started arching as well causing me to shut that off at the panel every breaker has been arching leaving me with only 12 amp and I'm stumped! I cant use anything I'm not sure why its arching. Oh and yesterday my hot water heater went out it's not heating water I think something must be seriously wrong but I'm not sure what I cant see a problem

Welcome to the forum.

The first thing you should do is unplug your rig from the CG pedestal. Then go around and check every screw in your panel to make sure they are all tight. Including all the grounds and neutrals

There are two things that will make a circuit breaker get HOT and I mean HOT (To use your words)
and they are both the same.. a BAD CONNETION either inside or outside the breaker

Step one is UNPLUG and with the aid of a flashlight if needed (your 12 volt house lights should continue to work) tighten any and all lose screws in the breaker box.. Mine took a #2 Square yours mioght or might need something else. EXCEPT for the hot breaker... YOu do it later.

remove the breaker inspect the connection to the bus bar and replace
Do it again Not tighten that last screw

If it still gets hot replace the breaker.

Had that happen in one RV park the 50 amp breakers were triping at around 20 amps. Were way to hot to handle even 10 minutes AFTER removal. new breakers no problem.

Sounds like there is a problem with your panel main breaker. A 50 amp panel should have a double 50 amp breaker. All the power to the panel will flow through the main breaker. If this breaker is turned off, all power to your panel will be shut down. If this breaker develops a problem either the breaker itself or the connections to it, the rest of the panel will be affected with varying signs depending on what you turn on.

If you are not electricity friendly, find someone who is as these types of electrical problems can cause a fire in the trailer.

This is a duplicate thread. Please post any advice to the thread below as I am closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom