Help.. Chassis Engine AC Not Working on MAX AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenb1023

I have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage on a Ford Chassis and the AC has stopped working on MAX.  Here is what happens.  In normal the AC works OK, I think I need a recharge but that's easy.  When I shift to MAX AC and accelerate all the air stops coming out and does not come back even when I slow down.  I go to normal and the air comes back.  If I come to a stop and turn MAX AC on the air sometimes blows but as soon as I start to gain speed it dies out.  Any ideas?

Boy does that bring back memories. Remember when the vacuum wipers quit working when you stepped on the gas? Sounds like a vacuum leak to me

I suggest you have a vacuum issue. Could be the plastic vacuum reservoir or built in check valve. I think it's mounted on the front right frame rail.

You may have a vacuum leak in the hose going to the air inlet door or the actuator to the air inlet door. Air inlet door allows recirculating of cabin air in max position. If it?s not coming back on in deceleration, it?s probably the vacuum actuator. Just repaired the same problem in my 95 F350. It was the hose. Kind of surprised a 2008 isn?t all electric actuators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom