Help college students with RV market research

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristinaN

Hi I'm Kristina and I am a student from the University of Oregon conducting a marketing research project for one of my classes. Part of our primary research is to conduct phone interviews to gain a better understanding of the RV market, user lifestyles and needs. If you are at all interested in helping my group out please e-mail me at [email protected].

GO DUCKS !

As for your research project, you might get more response if you did an email / internet survey rather than a phone survey. Some of us are a little weird about giving out our phone numbers.

Wendy
Proud Univ of Colorado graduate - GO BUFFS (oh, wait, they pretty much suck this year, huh?)

I second Wendy's suggestion. You might try Surveymonkey.com

Laura
Proud WVU graduate (even with their losing their last 4 games)

Thank you so much for your suggestions and help. I will definitely post a survey that we are working on later this week for our quantitative data. I however still have to do qualitative research that requires a more direct interaction. So if it is something that anyone is interested in doing you can e-mail me about it ([email protected]) and we can set up a time. I will also give you my phone number to call in the e-mail so you don't have to give yours out online. I really appreciate everyone's kindness and help.

Here is the online survey link if anyone is interested in helping out. Thank you again, I really appreciate it!  :D

https://oregon.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dp6hUaeDqFo1Dp3

Thanks for the link. Easy survey to complete, and I hope others here support your project.

Just curious - is this project being sponsored by Oregon Motor Coach? The reason I ask is that they're mentioned several times.

The survey seems oriented toward Oregon residents and not very applicable to others. Some of the questions are hardly relevant at all, since we live in FLorida and travel during the summer to escape heat, rather than cold.  But I responded the best I could.

I live in Oregon.  Before we lived in Oregon we traveled in Oregon extensively.  We have lots of family who live in Oregon.  Our RVing experiences encompassed nearly every state in our blessed union.

That said:  I found it difficult to answer about 80% of the questions in the survey.  The answers would have been ambiguous and would not  have reflected our travel objectives or our experiences after traveling over a hundred thousand miles in our motorhome.  Perhaps this might be an example of survey questions being skewed to reflect a sponsor's viewpoint?  If not, then perhaps you need to reconstruct the survey questions.

Margi

Survey design is a science in itself, and all too often ignored or given little attention by researchers. OTOH there are times when it's appropriate to bias the questions.

This is the U of Oregon and appears to be an attempt to collect data related to the potential market for an Oregon RV service and repair company; There should be no surprise that most questions are related to RVers who might visit Oregon during the off-season (winter months), and have service/renovation/winterizing done while there  ???

Yes my apologies Oregon Motorcoach is a local business and is placed as our focus for our project, I should have specified that. In addition, this survey is more applicable to people in the Northwest, again my apologies as when I searched for forums I searched for Oregon forums so I misunderstood about this being a national forum. Regardless for RV users who live in areas like the northwest that experience winter weather I would still appreciate your feedback.  For those of you who did do the survey thank you so much!

Our stick house is in Colorado which certainly experiences winter weather so hopefully my answers were helpful. In addition, my parents live in central Oregon and we visit them frequently, including several visits in November & December when it is way more wintery there than I like.

Wendy
Bolsa Chica

Sorry, we have no interest in a survey with a commercial slant.
We would participate in a survey which is more lifestyle related.
But, we do enjoy Oregon (Margie is from there), and visiting her family up there....in summer only.
We like warmer winters.

Just participated. Only suggestion would be to qualify the ages and  types of the RV's. My little TT hasn't even had it's first birthday and needs much less maintenance than a MH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom