HELP!!HAVING TO REDO CAMPER CEILING...DO I NEED VAPOR BARRIER??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

narhicDIY

My mom's camper suffered major water damage to her ceiling and I have to repair it. I've gutted everything and am ready to repair but have a few questions. I've been reading a lot on internet but I'm still unsure if I need to include a vapor barrier in the rebuild. The previous setup of my mom's ceiling was such:

1)Medal camper ceiling. 2) Styrofoam(wedged between cing and medal frame to push ceiling up)
3)3 inch fiberglass insulation
4) 3/16 inch unknown foamboard retarder(material no longer used due to environmental banning)
5)1/4 inch styrofoam material(unfaced)
6) lastly, vinal like material as ceiling

Ive been been reading a lot about the need for a vapor barrier but have read conflicting info on rather I need it or not. I need to know if it is needed because I'm considering using a foamboard in the new rebuild that acts as a vapor barrier. It has foil on both sides. And instead of vinal for be ceiling I'm using thin sanded plywood that comes in 4x 8 section which I will paint with a clear coat to seal wood from moisture. So...is a vapor barrier needed??

Attachments

• camper ceiling layout.png
    camper ceiling layout.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 6
Turn off your caps lock. That is shouting and rude.
Sorry, I always thought you also capitalize stuff when you want to show ergency. I've used capitalization in other forums to show an ergency in my post. I'll be sure not to do that again, sorry.

Sorry, I always thought you also capitalize stuff when you want to show ergency. I've used capitalization in other forums to show an ergency in my post. I'll be sure not to do that again, sorry.
No need to apologize. I was only mentioning it to give you a chance to change it so you would get some suggestions. We have discussed 'caps lock' on this forum many times and we all hate it. Everybody here thinks their post is urgent.

I can't figure how to edit my post so as to change the title from capitalized to lower case. I can't find anywhere to click where it says edit post. This is my first post on this forum so maybe thats why I can't edit it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom