Help - How Does This Awning Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RJake1

My 85 coachmen has a Faulkner awning.  I don't see a lock switch or lever at the top (like my other awnings had).  At the base of the rails each side are two cotter pins.  Do they have to be pulled out to release the awning?  Is there a hidden lock at the top?  Any help on how this older awning might work would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Not sure about a Faulkner but our early awnings unlocked when I opened the lever on the bottom of each arm. When they got loose the lever had to be firmly pulled all the way open.

Thanks for the reply.  Did you remove cotter pins or are you referring to a locking mechanism on the arm itself?  What did it look like?  I have a handle on each arm and a round knob.  Nothing seems to happen when I loosen them.  The cotter pins are at the base of the arm where it meets the motorhome.  Wonder if they have to come out?

You should not have to pull any cotter pins to deploy the awning.  There may be a reversing latch on the front rafter (like the Carefree design).  Try http://www.faulknerawning.com/ for some links to related web sites.  Perhaps one of them will have some pictures or manuals.

Back
Top Bottom