Help Me Decide Which Class A Diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kajunpron

Hi, whew the confusion, yes I have a class c and am looking for a class A desiel, aprox 40 ft, but all the different floor plans and annemities(wow), you out there have any suggestions, I'm looking for about a 2000 on up, thanks ronnie

All I can say is drive a bunch of them.  The first one I drove was brand new and wouldn't stay in its lane.  Don't be swayed by independent front suspensions or solid axle designs.  A good solid axle will drive better than a bad IFS.  After you find one that you like going down the road THEN look at the amenities.  It may sound a little devious but you can go to an RV dealer and drive some new ones that will give you an idea of what a used one of the same make should drive like.  No one says you have to tell them you are just test driving and besides you might get ignorant and end up buying a new one....like me.

American Coach, Newmar, Country Coach, Allegro, Travel Supreme would all be good choices.  Having owned coaches without IFS and this one with IFS I wouldn't even consider a coach without IFS (Independent Front Suspension).  I have yet to drive a coach without IFS that even begins to compare to one with IFS.

As fare as Engine goes either Cummins or Cat are good engines.

We have an American Eagle which we have been very pleased with.

I would agree with Ron about IFS, made a big difference in ride for us.

After spending a year looking for a particular make/model used RV my wife saw an interior she liked and I became convinced the coach was for us. Not recommending a year's search but both need to look at what's available to decide what you like.

As to which one to buy I don't have an answer for you. It does bring up the question of where can you get an honest evaluation of different coaches when you are in the market to buy. My wife and I bought a new high end (over 500k) dp 1 year ago last week. It has been in 6 different shops 9 times,(including the factory twice), in 3 different states for a total of 70 days and it still is not right. The problem is intermittent electrical issues so you never know when it will fail. In any event there doesn't seem to be anyplace to discuss this sort of thing as most of the posts along these lines seem to get deleted if they go on very long. It seems to me it would be in all our best interest to discuss issues of quality and dependability in an effort to keep people rving.

My 2 cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom