Help me identify this electrical accessory!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yarnkitty

I have been exploring the compartments of the class A my husband and I just bought.  I have found a mysterious device next to my electrical hook up equipment.  It looks like a plug that would go into a 30 amp outlet, but with no cord and what looks like two small electrodes on the side opposite the plug.  Is this some kind of polarity checker?  If so how do I use it?

Thanks for your help!

A photo would help immensely in identifying it.  Also, any markings on it, like a manufacturer and/or part number.  It does sound like an outlet tester.

We are going out to move some stuff to the RV today.  I'll get a pic and post it.  Thanks.

I can  think of a couple of things it might be but again Photo or Photos may be needed,,, If you can get an internal photo that would be great but do  not risk breaking it.

Here are pictures I took today.

Attachments

• downsized_1103121022.jpg
    downsized_1103121022.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 1103121022a.jpg
    1103121022a.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 108
Tear it apart and see what is inside.  It could be a home made polarity checker

Could it be a male plug without a cord?  Would like to see what the bottom of the second picture looks like.

Lowell has it right.  It's a spare 30A male plug.

Yup, the two "Terminals" are just the bolts that hold the cord clamp and'/or the body together (not electrically connected)

Spare power plug,  and what's more it is a "power pull" kind,  There are two versions of this plug, one is the Camco Power Pull, I have heard some negatives about that (Hard to connnect wires under screws inside)

The other one (Which I have) is fantastic.  (They used a wire clamp system, much better than the basic screw, Still uses screws though)

And I too recommend carrying one. (A spare that is)

Lou that's the old glass half full bit again. I see a glass half full as one that has room for ice and alcohol.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom