Help moving fifth wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovely_Lish

Hello,

I’m new to the RV life and just purchased my very own fifth wheel. I don’t have a truck let alone know how to drive one with this thing attached to the back of it.
The RV park I plan to move to gave me the option to be in a spot temporarily until a bigger spot is available, but I would need someone to move it for me.
I’m in the military and stationed in San Antonio, so I wouldn’t need it to be moved miles away, literally just to a different spot within the park. Is there an app or company who might be able to help me out with that?
She’s a 39ft-er so someone who knows what they’re doing is preferred. Thank you for any and all feedback!

Attachments

• 2943D408-CB0C-4D25-A3F1-B394256E932F.jpeg
    2943D408-CB0C-4D25-A3F1-B394256E932F.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 19
  • CB4A855B-5594-4297-81C8-D929184F40B4.jpeg
    CB4A855B-5594-4297-81C8-D929184F40B4.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 19
  • 94A8329A-D275-4FF9-BEEB-3516BBD6A011.jpeg
    94A8329A-D275-4FF9-BEEB-3516BBD6A011.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 19
Once you there make friends. Good chance someone would be willing to move it for you when your ready. Maybe 50 dollars for their time, maybe not.

What are you going to do when you get orders? Will you pay someone to move it cross country. I suppose if the orders are overseas you could sell it or store it. Looks like a nice unit though. You’ll probably have questions when it comes to setup; sewer connection, dumping, power, water, etc. Don’t hesitate to ask us.

Another resource would be a nearby rv dealer. If they wouldn’t do it they might direct you to someone that could. In the meantime educate yourself on setting up your fiver once it’s backed into your lot. Lots of info here plus I’d look through YouTube videos.

Thanks for your service and welcome aboard.

1/ Someone in the park with a suitable truck. RV folks are pretty friendly.

2/ Ask the park owner if he has a recommendation. He might do it for you.

3/ Nearby RV dealer. Many dealers have delivery folk on call or on staff.

Nice rig! And thanks for serving our country :)

Good suggestions so far on finding people/services that may be able to move the rig. Is your overall plan to have it in a permanent site, and live full time in the trailer? (Nevermind, I saw your other posts. Sounds like a fun adventure!)

Last edited:
Hello,

I’m new to the RV life and just purchased my very own fifth wheel. I don’t have a truck let alone know how to drive one with this thing attached to the back of it.
The RV park I plan to move to gave me the option to be in a spot temporarily until a bigger spot is available, but I would need someone to move it for me.
I’m in the military and stationed in San Antonio, so I wouldn’t need it to be moved miles away, literally just to a different spot within the park. Is there an app or company who might be able to help me out with that?
She’s a 39ft-er so someone who knows what they’re doing is preferred. Thank you for any and all feedback!
If you find someone with a truck set up to haul a fifth wheel you can pretty much assume they will know what they are doing. You should be able to find someone in any RV park or campground with a truck set up to haul fifth wheels. I bought my fifth wheel six years ago and I did not own a truck so I looked in Craigslist and found someone advertising a RV hauling service and I hired him. It cost me $250 to get the fiver moved 250 miles. I am permanently parked here and loving it.

Back
Top Bottom