HELP on my water pump lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmaus road

I'm back again.  Yall folks were so much help last time, I'm back again. 
I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 foot with 3 slides.  It's the model with a full bathroom in the back and a half bathroom before you get to the bedroom.  I've got all things going well, generator, ac, figured out the thermostat, got the fuel delivery problem fixed.  But now, I'm having problems getting the water pump going.  I filled the tanks, opened up the water heater valve, I think I have the valve on the outside set right.  But I'm not getting anything from my pump.  I can't seem to find a master switch anywhere.  My old class C has a water pump switch right on the control panel over the stove.  This rv has the control panel over the door, but there is no water pump switch.  There are switched in each bathroom and one on the outside where you fill it.  However, when you flip any of them, the light next to them is not lighting up.  I've checked and flipped all the breakers in the rear of the coach, but none of the breakers or fuses are labeled water pump.  HELP BEFORE I TURN MORE GREY HEADED LOL!  I've attached some pictures to show you my control panel and other switches.  My other lights and stuff work, stove microwave work.  I've tried it with the generator running and on shore power, just can't get the water pump going.  Thanks for all your imput.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2582.jpg
    IMG_2582.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 20
I think I may have found the problem.  I notice this little thing in the bay duct taped down lol.  But when I moved it a little, I heard the pump come on.  Upon futher investigation, the 12v power wire was broke off and coming loose and when I touched it briefly, it powered.  So I think that's what's causing my grey hairs.

here's a picture of it.

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 58
Just love a problem that's already solved...LOL

Glad you got it fixed..

And don't sweat the grey hair...The women love it ;D ;D

Giddy up.  My replacement will be in Monday so we will find out if that gets it fixed. 
I've been turning grey headed since I was in my late 30's.  I'm bout to be 46 and I'm
rocking the salt n pepper LOL.

If wiggling the 12 volt wire that' loose is what fixed it all you may need to to clean up the connection.. Likely a push on connector it YOu may need a new crimped on connector. standard hardware store item or just clean up the existing (And the tab it pushe onto and tighten it slightly with a pair of pliers (total cost 0.00)

That's the pump controller. It switches the ground side of the pump circuit under the direction of the pump switches inside the RV. The wall switches are connected to the controller, not the pump itself.

FYI. Take the time to learn your unit. The pump is on 12 volts. It is controlled by 12 volt fuses. Not circuit breakers. The lighting is also 12 volts. controlled by fuses. Control circuitry ( furnace, Water heater, Refrigerator, ) are 12 volts. Slides and jacks and steps are 12 volts and fuses.

the outlet are 120 volts controlled by circuit breakers. Refrigerator, Water Heater, A/C. Take the time to go over your unit and lable all the breakers and fuses. It will make for much easier trouble shooting in the future.

Furnace is gas.

Learning all this stuff is fun and takes the stress of fixing things  :))

cavie said:
FYI. Take the time to learn your unit. The pump is on 12 volts. It is controlled by 12 volt fuses. Not circuit breakers. The lighting is also 12 volts. controlled by fuses. Control circuitry ( furnace, Water heater, Refrigerator, ) are 12 volts. Slides and jacks and steps are 12 volts and fuses.

the outlet are 120 volts controlled by circuit breakers. Refrigerator, Water Heater, A/C. Take the time to go over your unit and lable all the breakers and fuses. It will make for much easier trouble shooting in the future.

Furnace is gas.

Learning all this stuff is fun and takes the stress of fixing things  :))

Thanks for the input. I do have all the breakers and such labeled. The previous owner did a good job. I?m just having to get a lot of kinks worked out from where it just hasn?t been used much at all. Which I?ve found is the case a lot when you buy pre owned units. Been that case both times for me.

Back
Top Bottom