HELP---Pantograph wiper plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TG5611

So I'm stuck. Can't really go anywhere without wipers. I've searched high and low online for one of these plates and have had no luck. There's a few different ones available and they wont work with my rig. Its a 1996 National SeaBreeze. Please if anyone knows where I can get one of these I'd be elated.

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 42
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 26
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 21
Unfortunately you cannot just buy that part.
It is made by Denso. You get that pot metal part and the two wiper arms for about 70 Bucks.
I got tiresd of buying the arms so I went to NAPA and got some regular arms. I then put regular washer sprayers in the holes for the washer and aimed them at the window.
The parts cn be ordered from Fleetwood
045037 for Passenger side
045038 for Driver.
I attached the schematic

Attachments

• 1990 SW WIPER.pdf
    91.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1990 SW WIPER.jpg
    1990 SW WIPER.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 32
Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while now. It can't be welded cause it's made of that cheap pot metal.  Hoping to find one soon.

Thanks for the reply darsben. I'll check it out this afternoon. Wow. Too bad you can't just by that part that broke. So wasteful. But I need wipers so I guess I have to. Thanks again for the replies..

TG5611 said:
Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while now. It can't be welded cause it's made of that cheap pot metal.  Hoping to find one soon.

Actually it can be welded. The hard part is finding a welder that knows how. It will have to be cleaned perfectly, clamped together, and supported with putty.

kdbgoat said:
Actually it can be welded. The hard part is finding a welder that knows how. It will have to be cleaned perfectly, clamped together, and supported with putty.

I wouldn't weld it until I found out why it failed.
I just went thru this very same scenario this spring. Ended up replacing everything except the motor, and it wasn't too expensive either.

darsben said:
BTW where are you because I have one I am not using if near Syracuse, NY we can meet up.
But seriously get rid of them
I'm near Schenectady but really can't get out that way for a while. Supposed to go to the State Fair at the end of the month. For now I JB Welded it. It seems to be holding pretty good but I certainly don't trust it for a permanent fix. I am going to get rid of them I think. That  will be a winter project. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom