Help Selling A Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom88

Hello all - seems like a very nice community you have here. I don’t know anything about RVs, but my father-in-law had one and recently passed away. So, I’m trying to help my wife’s family figure out what to do with it.

It’s a TrailManor 3023 from about 2000 that he got used in like 2015. I honestly don’t know much about it - what amenities it has, whether it’s worth anything…etc. I don’t think it’s been used or even opened up in several years. Was thinking of calling Camping World to ask about it, or possibly even donating to a charity that would pick it up. We don’t really have the ability get in the weeds with it right now, and none of us are comfortable towing it anywhere ourselves.

Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. Location is Newark, DE.

It probably would sell for no more than $5k, if in good condition and that would likely take some time and you would need to move it out, open it up and clean it. There is a good possibility that it would bring much less. There are probably charities that would be willing to pick it up. I would contact Vehicles for Veterans, Cars for Kids, or Goodwill Industries to see if they will pick it up.

It's likely worth 7-8k if you can open it up and it's halfway functional at least 5k as is. Trailmanors are somewhat sought after, they're easy towing and relatively easy to set-up and breakdown. I sold a 2007, 2720 last year for 11k. ( and I miss it). The 3023 is a find. That model TM new would retail around 45k. I'd avoid Kars for Kids or any of the other vehicle donation sham charities, they're not what they seem. If you do decide to tow it, they're relatively small but come with about a 500 lb tongue weight, they don't sway but you'll likely need a vehicle that can handle the tongue weight or a weight distribution hitch.

Last edited:
Hi Tom - I did a little research on the TT because I am in the casually looking for a TT mode and I love cheap/free stuff.

I only found one ad for a similar/newer trailer and it is listing for $9,000 and it's a (presumably) smaller 2720.

Your selling price would be based entirely on the condition of having sat for a few years but I agree $5k may be a top end price. Worth going after probably.

Hi Tom - I did a little research on the TT because I am in the casually looking for a TT mode and I love cheap/free stuff.

I only found one ad for a similar/newer trailer and it is listing for $9,000 and it's a (presumably) smaller 2720.

Your selling price would be based entirely on the condition of having sat for a few years but I agree $5k may be a top end price. Worth going after probably.
The 2720 SL(slide) is pretty cool, It has a queen size bed on one end, and a slide section on the front with a sofa sleeper. An ordinary 2720 has a bed on both ends. The only downside to the TM's is the Thetford recirculating toilet, which is disgusting, it uses black tank water to flush the toilet. It was discontinued this past year.

I had a 2720 SL prior to getting a motorhome, and they're a decent trailer which, as mentioned above, is easy to tow, fairly immune to sway (typical tongue weight is 13% or so), and not much affected by crosswinds, passing trucks, etc. Fairly easy to set up and the shorter models (not the 3023) can be stored in a garage. Setup for me (after initial practice) was about 10 minutes, including unfolding and setting up cabinets, etc. inside.

The Trailmanor Owner's Forum (not a company site) is an excellent source of information about the various units, including maintenance and modifications and more: TrailManor Owner's Forum - Powered by vBulletin

The national club (with many local chapters) is the Trailmanor Trailblazers: TrailManor TrailBlazers

On the company's web site there's good information, including a video on how to set up their trailers: TrailManor

These videos I made show setting it up in about 10 minutes, including the interior:
Part 1-
Part 2-
Part 3-

In 2006 this unit was around $30,000 new.

Wow, you have all been INCREDIBLY helpful. My family and I are extremely grateful for the advice. I wish my father-in-law had known about this forum, because he probably would have become a regular!

There are a couple huge variables in the valuation, which I'd put in the range of $2500-$6000. The main one is the current condition, both cosmetic & functional. If you could open it up, verify that things work and that tires & battery are OK (unlikely if its been sitting awhile), and clean it up a bit, you could get a decent price. The other one is the local market for pop-up type campers. In some areas they are highly popular and others not much at all.

Either of those factors could make a $2000+ difference in the retail value, and the combination of poor condition and a weak local market could knock the value down to where a donation is a good option.

The other thing that will be important is whether you or a family member has the time & inclination to handle a private sale. It's unlikely a used RV dealer will offer anything for it, so it's either sell yourself or try a consignment sale agent. Sometimes an RV sells fast, but more often you get a lot of bargain hunters & tire kickers. It can be frustratingly slow.

I think Newark, DE, might be sufficiently near the Poconos & Appalachians to have a decent number of people interested in that type of camper, but I don't have any solid knowledge of the market there.

Update -- Camping World gave me a consignment price (they won't buy it outright) of $2500. I think that at least involves us having it cleaned, making any repairs if needed, and bringing it into them (I can't tow it with my Honda, haha). Then I guess they put it on the lot and see if it sells -- not sure what their retail markup would be.

Investigating some other options, like that TrailManor forum, but for that price, plus the time and effort required, donation with a tax write off may end up being the best option.

Thank you all again for your help!
-Tom

Hi Tom - I can't yet send private messages to you until you get a certain number of posts done But I am interested in your TT and I could move pretty quickly.

Please eMail be at glbtroters(@sign)yahoo(dot)com if you are interested.

The 2720 SL(slide) is pretty cool, It has a queen size bed on one end, and a slide section on the front with a sofa sleeper. An ordinary 2720 has a bed on both ends. The only downside to the TM's is the Thetford recirculating toilet, which is disgusting, it uses black tank water to flush the toilet. It was discontinued this past year.
That does sound disgusting. They used poopy water to flush the toilet?

Hi Tom - I can't yet send private messages to you until you get a certain number of posts done But I am interested in your TT and I could move pretty quickly.

Please eMail be at glbtroters(@sign)yahoo(dot)com if you are interested.
Hey -- I sent you an email from my gmail account if you want to connect. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom