*HELP* water is coming up through the floor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vita

I'm hoping someone has a general idea of what is going on.

I have a '15 crusader, fifth wheel.
There is water coming up through my floor. Now, the thing that worried me the most is, it has to go through 2 layers of floor. I decided to "replace" my flooring in my camper. I left the laminate floor that originally came with the camper down, and placed the new floor ontop of that.

So, this water is oozing out of 2 layers.

It's starts a few steps into the camper (towards the living area)...also right behind our kitchen sink. BUT, when I check under the kitchen sink for leaks, there are none. The floor under the sink is not oozing water, either. No leaks seem to be coming from the pipe I can directly see.

Going up the stairs, there are no wet spots on the carpet. None in the bathroom, or bedroom.

So, how long after your floor job did it start showing water? Is the wet area directly over the fresh water tank? Is the tank full/empty, are you running from the tank or city water? How did you fasten new floor to the old?'

If you disconnect the city water and use the pump with water from the tank, you will hear the pump run off and on if it is leaking and that will at least narrow things a bit.

Has it been raining? Is it possibly a leak from outside?

My guess the laminate floor is simply trapping the water from leaking out. It could be leaking by the toilet, any water source. Continue to rule out areas. Big question, have you been in freezing temperatures?

So, how long after your floor job did it start showing water? Is the wet area directly over the fresh water tank? Is the tank full/empty, are you running from the tank or city water? How did you fasten new floor to the old?'

Goodness...a year? It has been a while. It is city water. I don't believe it's DIRECTLY over the fresh water tank but, it's pretty close.
And its just a slide and lock floor. You don't have to fasten it.

My guess the laminate floor is simply trapping the water from leaking out. It could be leaking by the toilet, any water source. Continue to rule out areas. Big question, have you been in freezing temperatures?

I have been in freezing temps here recently.

If you disconnect the city water and use the pump with water from the tank, you will hear the pump run off and on if it is leaking and that will at least narrow things a bit.

Has it been raining? Is it possibly a leak from outside?

I so not believer it's coming from outside. It's more of in the middle of the camper vs near any walls.

I am about to test the pump now.

I so not believer it's coming from outside. It's more of in the middle of the camper vs near any walls.

I am about to test the pump now.
Sorry! But to answer your question, it hasn't been raining. It did now over the weekend but, not a whole lot

There are only a few places the water can be coming from. Either an outside leak that's running down the inside of the wall and out at the floor, a damaged fresh water line or fitting, or a leak in an above the floor fresh water tank. A leaking holding tank below the floor will show up outside, not inside the RV.

Disconnecting from city water and seeing if the pump cycles on and off will tell you if you have a plumbing leak and draining the fresh water tank will eliminate that as a source

I had water on the floor in the "master bedroom" (king bed location) from under the closet when I was Tifton, GA, that was a bit tricky to find.

This was before the rain came. I was on
"city water". When I turned off the water, it stayed dry after using a towel to dry up the old water.

It was caused from the fitting to the toilet inlet was loose on the rear. The toilet is up high on a thingy above floor lever. The water was dripping down behind the toilet where it canNOT be seen anywhere in the bathroom. The bathroom floor was dry! The water was coming from under the closet and that was the only place I could see it.

It really only made sense after I discovered the plastic coupler was loose on the toilet inlet. One would have to see the design of this motorhome to understand why water was coming from under the closet when the leak was in the bathroom. But be sure to check yours.

-Don- Mayo, FL

UPDATE. there is now water under watch my camper too.

So, there is no water in my fresh tank.

I think...I'm not entirely sure....but I've noticed today that my hot water is not lasting as long as it normally does.

I'm wondering if it could just be my hot water line?

I had water on the floor in the "master bedroom" (king bed location) from under the closet when I was Tifton, GA, that was a bit tricky to find.

This was before the rain came. I was on
"city water". When I turned off the water, it stayed dry after using a towel to dry up the old water.

It was caused from the fitting to the toilet inlet was loose on the rear. The toilet is up high on a thingy above floor lever. The water was dripping down behind the toilet where it canNOT be seen anywhere in the bathroom. The bathroom floor was dry! The water was coming from under the closet and that was the only place I could see it.

It really only made sense after I discovered the plastic coupler was loose on the toilet inlet. One would have to see the design of this motorhome to understand why water was coming from under the closet when the leak was in the bathroom. But be sure to check yours.

-Don- Mayo, FL
I will have that checked next, thank you!

I once had water on the floor. It was near the shower, so I took off the faucet cover panel on the back of the wall and found out a coupler was loose. All I had to do was tighten it.

It is city water.

Are you using a pressure regulator at the park faucet to make sure you're not over pressuring your water lines?

You also mentioned your hot water may not be lasting as long as it used to.
I would certainly be checking the water heater and any lines in the area.
It could be leaking there and getting between the two sets of flooring.

Water leaks can be very hard to find and the process of elimination will help, especially since you are confident it's not rain water.

OKAY!

I THINK I have it figured out!!! I think it is one of the fittings for the hot water line! When I lifted it, it so generously spat in my face and was leaking.

I will keep this forum updated - ya never know someone else may run into this issue.

Thank you all in scratching your heads along with me and assisting me with process of elimination!!

Are you using a pressure regulator at the park faucet to make sure you're not over pressuring your water lines?

You also mentioned your hot water may not be lasting as long as it used to.
I would certainly be checking the water heater and any lines in the area.
It could be leaking there and getting between the two sets of flooring.

Water leaks can be very hard to find and the process of elimination will help, especially since you are confident it's not rain water.
Yes! We do have a pressure regulator on the faucet. I have never trusted myself with that guess work, haha.

Back
Top Bottom