Hey All...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radiocycle

I'm a 70 year old guy, born and raised in Vallejo, California and I live with my gf Jean who was raised in Albany, CA.  In the past we've done a bunch of touring on our touring bicycles but now, we're getting a little bit lazier and looking into Class B RVing; part time.  We would do some domestic travel but we've really loved our trips to Mexico and so we would be taking the van down south as well as around the states. 
I see things start to get complicated really fast when looking into all the various makes and models of vans out there.  I first thought the Mercedes would be the ticket, but then I started reading about the lack of ULSD in Mx and so now looking at gas rigs.  Seems like you mostly see the Dodge Ram Promaster chassis when it comes to gas.  I'm not familiar with newer Dodge stuff so I don't really know how dependable it is.  I'll keep researching and maybe we can find an RV show here in CA to look at interiors, meanwhile talking to as many people as I can to try and figure out which is the best for Mexico travel.  We also want to stay at 20' or below so the thing will fit in our suburb driveway.
So that's our story.  It looks like this is a great place to pick up a lot of information without any pressure.  We made one trip to a local dealer and that was not all that fun of an experience... 

Ross
W6FG
Vallejo, CA

Welcome to THE RV FORUM,  Ross.

You have come to the right place.  Our library contains a lot of good reference materials and our members are quite knowledgable.  Ask and ye shall receive.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Ross, I like your user name!

I'm about 6 years behind you (64) and grew up in San Rafael before Marin County became famous.  My first job was at KNBA Radio on Sonoma Blvd at age 13.  The beginning of a 50 year career in broadcast engineering that I finally retired from last year.

Good luck in your search, and welcome to The RV Forum!

Lou
N7LOU
Pahrump, NV when I'm not on the road

Welcome to the forum! I'm curious what was so bad about the trip to the dealer. I love going to look through campers at dealerships, but the pressure they put on your to buy is absurd and often uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom