Hi All from the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Road Runner

We are John and Irina from Bedford in the UK.? We have 2 Great Dane which are our pride and joys.

Currently we are caravaner here in the UK and have the largest permissible caravan here but just not big enough for our dogs ancd my mobility is a problem now.

We are trying to find a Class A RV in the states with a single or more slide out newer than 1995 to ship back with a budget of max $30.000.

Our big problem is we are restricted to a maximum of a 100 inches wide in the UK and on my licence maximum of 7.5 tons and this is making our search hard trying to find widths of used vans.

Anyway nice to be here all and hope you don't mind us popping in ;)

Hi John and Irina,

Welcome the the RV Forum, and pop in any time.

We have several members who have purchased here and then shipped back to the U.K., so you should be hearing from them shortly with their own experiences and helpful hints on finding a 'legal' rig.

Are you planning on bringing your 2 canine draft horses with you? There may be some quarantine requirements that you should check into. Don't know personally.     

Hi Karl ;)

No we intend to stay in the UK but buy in the states.

The misses wont go anywhere without the dogs.

We have pet passports for them for Europe so they are well travelled within the Eurozone.

No we intend to stay in the UK but buy in the states.
John, I hope you don't mean you want to pick out an rv without coming to the States for a test drive and thorough check-out of all the equipment. That could be a recipe for disaster, IMHO.
Added: Almost anything can be repaired or replaced, but my understanding is that there are few places where you are that deal with or can repair American iron.

Hello John and Irina and welcome to our forum.

Karl makes some good points about buying a motorhome 'sight unseen'. You might care to check out some of the articles in our library. Click the Library button above and select Visitors to the USA; Although you don't plan on coming here, we have some articles that describe how to buy an RV here and how to ship it back to the UK.

Whoops silly wording ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

No we will buy in the states (me there to view) and bring it back to the UK (your countries so BIG so where to start ???)

If it was just us we would have our dream trip of driving an RV through the States to Canada but with the dogs we cannot do this.

It will be my first time there.

Irina is Russian and over in Russia now for 3 weeks visiting her mum and family so it'll be my turn next ;) ;)

Hi John and Irina,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Hope to meet you during your travels here.  Please look around the Forum, ask any questions you have, join in on any of the ongoing discussions, or start new discussions.  Thanks for joining us.

:) Hi Hi John and Irina (Road Runner). Nice to see you have found RV Forum Community. Don't be shy. Ask away.  ;D

Road Runner said:
No we will buy in the states (me there to view) and bring it back to the UK (your countries so BIG so where to start ???)

If it was just us we would have our dream trip of driving an RV through the States to Canada but with the dogs we cannot do this.

It will be my first time there.

Irina is Russian and over in Russia now for 3 weeks visiting her mum and family so it'll be my turn next ;) ;)

Actually pets, dogs and cats, can be taken/imported to the USA from abroad -- apperantly without too much fuss.  The USDA governs that and they have the rundown on their site you can get to clicking on HERE.

If your critters were corgis or cairn terriers I would say, go for it.  However, with great danes, you do have a problem.  ::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom