HI ALL ,,,,,,,,,,,,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gaz

Hi i just found this site and it has a load of good info ,, i am looking at buying a RV from a company PPL MOTORHOMES in Texas as i am in the UK i can only go on there web site and on the phone to them has anyone over there had any dealings or know of them ? thanks
Gaz :D

Welcome to RVForum.net. We have several UK members here and perhaps one of them will offer the wisdom of their expereinces in buying an RV in the USA.

I'd be very careful of PPL. I've heard some stories of dealings with them that lead me to believe their sales organization promises a lot more than they typically deliver.  The really negative reports I have seen came from people who were rather naive about dealing with RV dealers and so got taken in by the hype and glib assurances that everything would be wonderful. Since you are at a disadvantage when dealing from the UK, and perhaps are a first time buyer as well, you are pprobably more at risk than most.  If they have something that seems perfect for you, make sure you get prices and commitments in writing and don't tie up a lot of money in a purchase deposit before you get there and can see the rig for yourself. And make sure any deposit is refundable.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Like Gary said we have several members from the UK that have had experience in buying a motorhome here in The USA.  I would also heed Gary's caution on PPL.

Gaz,

My only dealings with PPL have been with their parts department via mail order and I was quite happy with the service. You did well to ask here before spending your money and I see you've already received a couple of replies.

Irrespective of dealership, you might wish to spend some time browsing our library for articles contributed by &/r or written for folks who have gone before you. Click the Library button in the toolbar above and check out the following categories:

• Visitors to the USA.
  • Checklists.

hi gaz

i am in usa and have just purchased 1st rv.

in the last week, ive met 4 other brit couples at camgrounds and ALL have horror stories to tell.

when my laptop gets fixedd - 2 weeks - and i get over a bout of food poisening (ruby tuesdays) i will post more

you can visit my site at www.ukrv.co.uk for some Basic info.

the site is at VERY early stage.

paul

Gaz,

PPL is a consignment lot from what I gather,they sell other peoples RV's on their lot. If you have a specific unit you are interested in,I could go look at it and give you a un-bias review if your really interested in one of their coaches. I live in the area (Houston) and it wouldn't be too far out of the way to swing by and take a look for you.

Kenneth said:
Gaz,

PPL is a consignment lot from what I gather,they sell other peoples RV's on their lot. If you have a specific unit you are interested in,I could go look at it and give you a un-bias review if your really interested in one of their coaches. I live in the area (Houston) and it wouldn't be too far out of the way to swing by and take a look for you.

Hi well what a very helpfull site thanks for the replies and as for having a look for me that would be very helpfull to me thank you Kenneth as i am buying a rv unseen, i know its a risk i have imported a bayliner boat from the US and was Lucky ,i know that in the RV world the money i am looking at paying is not a lot so i don't expect an A1 RV but if you could pop in and look at it to give me an un-bias review this would be a help, as from just pics it is hard to know what it is like .
The RV i am intrested in is Y41- 33ft AIRSTREAM LAND YACHT they give it a rating of very good, mileage 44,550 as i say $21,950 is not big money but to me its not peanuts either thanks for all your help and i am glad i found this site..
Gaz

UK-RV said:
hi gaz

i am in usa and have just purchased 1st rv.

in the last week, ive met 4 other brit couples at camgrounds and ALL have horror stories to tell.

when my laptop gets fixedd - 2 weeks - and i get over a bout of food poisening (ruby tuesdays) i will post more

you can visit my site at www.ukrv.co.uk for some Basic info.

the site is at VERY early stage.

paul

Hi Paul that is some bus you have, and i would love to do what you are doing it must be like a dream come true , i will keep an eye on your site to see how you are doing good luck and have a lot of fun, i have just got back from Florida and i could full in to the life stile out there..
gaz ;D

Raz,

I should be out and about in that area over the next couple of days. Will stop in at PPL and give you my review.

Kenneth said:
Raz,

I should be out and about in that area over the next couple of days. Will stop in at PPL and give you my review.

Thanks that is very kind of you Kenneth :)
Gaz..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom