Hi everybody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yukon

I'd like to introduce myself.? I have been a member here for some time but never really contributed.? ?In August we sold the house in Alaska and pulled our 24' travel trailer down to the "Lower 48".? We found a year-old fifth wheel in Iowa, 37' Montana at good price.? So now we are definitely full-timing and enjoying it.? Presently we are in Wichita, KS and are headed for the warm climes of San Antonio, TX.?

Just wanted to share my recent experience:? First time I pulled anything as large as this Montana 37' fiver.? At first I had a feeling that something will have to go wrong!  It'll come unhitched and I'll see my fiver going in a ditch, or:? the pickup will break down from too much weight, etc.? I was so elated when I pulled my new RV with ease and absolutely no problems through the entire 300 mile trip.  It was fun!? We are enjoying our new home on wheels very much.? ?:)

Hi Yukon. Thanks for introducing yourself and congratulations on the move to fulltiming.

Thank you for kind words  y

RV Roamer said:
Hi Yukon and glad to see you becoming a more active contributor.? Also happy to hear your worst towing fears were unfounded!? Have fun with the Montana!!!
RV Roamer said:
Hi Yukon and glad to see you becoming a more active contributor. Also happy to hear your worst towing fears were unfounded! Have fun with the Montana!!!

Hi,

It great to see you become an active member.  We are looking forward to your participation here.  Thanks for introducing yourself here.

Yukon said:
I'd like to introduce myself.  I have been a member here for some time but never really contributed.  In August we sold the house in Alaska and pulled our 24' travel trailer down to the "Lower 48".......

Yukon,

Where are you from in Alaska? Peg and I are from Fairbanks. We are in Camp Verde, AZ now.

Hey Yukon,

It really is remarkable how easy a 5er tows. We had 30 footer some years ago that I pulled with an F250. I'd practically forget it was back there. Glad you're finding your fears unfounded.

One of our fantasy trips with our new class C is a run up the Alaska Highway.

Happy Camping.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Yukon,

Where are you from in Alaska? Peg and I are from Fairbanks. We are in Camp Verde, AZ now.

Hi Don:

We're from Anchorage, sold the house there and decided to move to the lower 48.  After almost 40 years of living there.  The decision was made to full-time RV before we settle down.  That will be part of our "mission",  to find a place we would like to settle.

How do you like Camp Verde? What part of AZ is it?  I lived briefly in Apache Jct,  years ago.  It was full of snowbirds then.  We are in Big D now, heading for San Antonio and then Clinton MS,  a suburb of Jackson.  We'll head for AZ sometimes in Feb.,  I would like to stay near the Superstition Mnts somewhere.  Like to go hiking there.  Yukon

Camp Verde is about 20 miles south of Sedona. Right on I-17 where SR260 crosses. There is a daughter here and it is about half way between other kids in Phoenix and Las Vegas. It's way too hot in the summer but that is when we try to be gone. If you're in the area please give us a holler. We have a spot for you to park here at the house.

Apache Junction is full of Snowbirds again, yet, always in the winter months.  We are about an hour west of there at Pueblo El Mirage, in El Mirage AZ surrounded by Sun City, Youngtown, Surprise, Glendale, and Goodyear, near Luke AF Base.  Love it here.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Camp Verde is about 20 miles south of Sedona. Right on I-17 where SR260 crosses. There is a daughter here and it is about half way between other kids in Phoenix and Las Vegas. It's way too hot in the summer but that is when we try to be gone. If you're in the area please give us a holler. We have a spot for you to park here at the house.

Thanks Don,? we'll say hi when passing thru.? I love the part of AZ where you are.? Take care,? Yukon

Welcome Yukon.  Well... I'll bet you won't miss the "White Rain" that one gets in Alaska one bit.  (Or the wet rain either)

I know that when I pull out of Detroit (Leaving both kinds of rain behind) It don't bother me at all :)

Congrats on the nice house.  I have a 37' class A myself

John In Detroit said:
Welcome Yukon.? Well... I'll bet you won't miss the "White Rain" that one gets in Alaska one bit.? (Or the wet rain either)

I know that when I pull out of Detroit (Leaving both kinds of rain behind) It don't bother me at all :)

Congrats on the nice house.? I have a 37' class A myself

Thanks John.? Good luck to you as well.? No, right now I am not missing Alaska at all.? But it's been a good home for us for a long time.? ?Yukon

Tom said:
Hi Yukon. Thanks for introducing yourself and congratulations on the move to fulltiming.

Thanks Tom and other staffers Ron, Gary.  I have been reading this forum for quite while now.  You guys are doing such a good job.  I admire your patience with which you share your knowledge and info.  Yukon

Back
Top Bottom