Hi everyone, Gulfport MS.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nsnider

Hey everyone, I'm in the military stationed in Gulfport MS. I've been thinking about getting a travel trailer for some time. I couldn't decide b/w a camper or a boat. I think I have decide that a camper is best for the family( Wife, kid, and 2 dogs). I recently went to a RV show in Mobile AL and I'm glad I didn't buy one there. I have found cheaper prices while researching campers. I've decide on a fiberglass bunkhouse style around 24'. If anyone could give me honest opinions on brands and models and what to look at when visiting dealers I would appreciate it. The link below is what I have found. I can get this for 16,995.

https://www.rvt.com/Keystone-Passport-Ultra-Lite-2400BHBunk-House-2018-Picayune-MS-ID8302873-UX283743

Welcome to the forum Nsnider

Finding the right TT is a matter of finding one that fits your needs. As far as brands go...The quality is all over the place.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I can't get into the link as I am in the UK.

I would say that you need to consider the floorplan, how will you realistically live in it. Room for expansion as the kids grow?

Only you will know what is the right fit for you.

Check out the Library and Resources sections in the links above where there are several documents giving advice on buying and inspecting.

You will,get lots of help and advice from our members.

Good luck on your search, it's great thing camping!

Welcome to the forum and the lifestyle! Only you can know what you want in a camper. Different people have different priorities. For example, when I bought my TT I wanted a second entry into the bathroom. This was important to me because we use it at the local ski resort in the winter, keeping the skis and boots in the bathroom so handing them in from the outside means we can keep the door open to do that without letting all the warm air out. It also means not having to drag snowy stuff throughout the camper. Another thing I wanted, was a solid door for my bedroom instead of a curtain. I wanted to be able to walk around the bed. There are people whose top priority might be storage space, or size, or an outdoor kitchen. So decide what YOU want and go for it!

Thanks for all the comments. That trailer has everything we will need. Bunks were a requirement with a separate bedroom with a solid door. I believe it will work out perfect.

Nsnider said:
Thanks for all the comments. That trailer has everything we will need. Bunks were a requirement with a separate bedroom with a solid door. I believe it will work out perfect.

The next question will be your tow vehicle (TV). Is it rated to handle the trailer. You don't want to push the limits on towing. If your new to RV's you should do a search on matching your TV to you RV. DON"T trust the salesperson...They are there to sell and only to sell.

And of course you can always ask.

Nsnider said:
Great!!! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom