Hi everyone on the forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weareacouple

We are new members here and we guess the forum wants us to introduce ourselves here. we are a 25 year married couple who love to travel however we are just thinking about getting into the RV type of travel. With covid being what it is right now we thought that flying and out of the country trips should be put on hold for a while (at least for us anyway). We are longtime nudists so most of our trips have been to hot climates and south of the border.
We hope to be welcomed by the RV travel crowd!

Attachments

• 19 (2).JPG
    19 (2).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 24
If you think you might like the freedom of traveling in a personal coach, rent one to be sure. If you don't like it, you aren't stuck. If you decide you do like it (as most of us here do), then campaign to find one you like that has been taken care of and used gently and you can save a PILE of money.
Matt

thanks Matt for the good thoughts. Yes, this is all new to us and who knows how long that the covid crap is going to go on. We don't want to be stuck at a resort, airport or country where we are not able to move on our own,

Welcome from Ohio. Covid will be here forever. You will just have to decide if you are going to quarantine forever. Life is pretty much like it used to be in my little corner of the world.

Welcome aboard - You've found an awesome and supportive community here.

Forget covid - I gave up flying unless necessary when we invented the TSA and subsequently Air Rage became all the fashion.

The big question is all about budget and space expectations. I know a single guy totally happy in a 22 foot trailer. I know married couples looking for more space in a 39 foot coach.

For me the "space and comfort" progression is tent camping, pop-up trailers and teardrops, then it's either 22 foot trailers and Class B's, then its 24-28 foot trailers and Cs and SuperCs up to Class As up to about 32 feet. Finally it's behemoth time with Class As up to 39 feet and 5th wheel trailers.

Once you pass about 24 feet in a trailer you have to factor in big bucks for a tow vehicle.

You don't have to start at the beginning and I would recommend not starting at the top. My wife and I would be happy in a 24 foot trailer (about the length you start getting a full separated master berth) but the 30 footer we have is "comfortable" and offers a few different seating arrangements etc.

If I already had a capable truck I would definitely be looking at a 24 foot TT. For a couple reasons I "accidentally" fell into a deal on my RV and ended up in a Class A.

If you are at all tentative I would agree with renting. I'm not like that. I decided I didn't want to sleep on the ground anymore (tent camping) and went looking for a 24 foot trailer.

I advised my brother to start there as well and he is totally happy. What's the worst thing that can happen? You don't like RV-ing maybe take an investment hit (offset by hotel costs avoided) and sell it.

OK the worst thing that can happen is that you buy an old trailer full of rot, it turns out to be worthless and you have to pay someone to haul it away - but let's pretend that doesn't happen cuz I don't wanna scare you off - LOL...

Thanks ExCalif that is a lot of valuable information that will be very useful.
Another question is how welcoming are RV people? not sure how welcoming they would be if nudists like us pulled into the campsite next to them lol
We are pretty used to being the only naked ones and pretty comfortable with it

Thanks ExCalif that is a lot of valuable information that will be very useful.
Another question is how welcoming are RV people? not sure how welcoming they would be if nudists like us pulled into the campsite next to them lol
We are pretty used to being the only naked ones and pretty comfortable with it
It depends on how old your profile pictures are - LOL...

Seriously though Laura & Charles indicated there are clothing optional parks and as you get into it, ways to find them. I had a buddy who had a camper on a permanent nudist site in Southern Ohio.

In terms of general friendliness? If you wanna meet people and chat you will have more than abundant opportunity for that. If you wanna be left alone you more than likely will be.

My experience is that no one is gonna come knock on your door, but if you see a conversation going it seems perfectly acceptable to sidle up and introduce yourselves.

Happened yesterday - me and a couple of guys were hanging out and a 3rd guy - next door neighbor of the guy I was visiting sidled up and we had a fine conversation.

Seriously though Laura & Charles indicated there are clothing optional parks and as you get into it, ways to find them. I had a buddy who had a camper on a permanent nudist site in Southern Ohio.

In terms of general friendliness? If you wanna meet people and chat you will have more than abundant opportunity for that. If you wanna be left alone you more than likely will be.

My experience is that no one is gonna come knock on your door, but if you see a conversation going it seems perfectly acceptable to sidle up and introduce yourselves.

Happened yesterday - me and a couple of guys were hanging out and a 3rd guy - next door neighbor of the guy I was visiting sidled up and we had a fine conversation.
that sounds perfect to us
we are pretty social people
the pics were taken last winter on a mexico trip
my wife is topless whenever she is allowed

I would suggest you seek clothing optional resorts to live your preferred lifestyle. I have to say, most parks and resorts are not advertised as clothing optional and if at one of those, you were to publicly show more skin that you would at, say, a grocery store, or even a non-nudist beach, you would almost certainly be asked to cover up and possibly asked to leave.
I’m not saying this with any judgement whatsoever. I personally am most comfortable sans clothing but, frankly, too self conscious to go public with it… and good for you to have come to grips with that a long time ago. But don’t expect to be readily accepted at any RV place that’s not specifically advertised as clothing optional… whether public or private.
Suggest, for the near term, you focus on what you want in way of an RV. We don’t consider what we do as ‘camping’.. we work full time, regular office hours, and have office space set up for both of us (so we went real big in this, our second coach). But we’re often surrounded by folks who ARE camping and on vacation (so happy hour happens 😉). But if we weren’t working, we’d certainly be in something much smaller. You need to figure out just what kind of RV’ing you’ll be doing and then what kind of RV you’ll be comfortable doing it in.

Out of curiosity, is your current avatar the one that was rejected on the Escapees Forums? Personally I think it's fine and I hope to run into you one of these days.

edit: I was referring to the swimsuit photo, not the later one that was deleted as inappropriate. -LS

I would suggest you seek clothing optional resorts to live your preferred lifestyle. I have to say, most parks and resorts are not advertised as clothing optional and if at one of those, you were to publicly show more skin that you would at, say, a grocery store, or even a non-nudist beach, you would almost certainly be asked to cover up and possibly asked to leave.
I’m not saying this with any judgement whatsoever. I personally am most comfortable sans clothing but, frankly, too self conscious to go public with it… and good for you to have come to grips with that a long time ago. But don’t expect to be readily accepted at any RV place that’s not specifically advertised as clothing optional… whether public or private.
Suggest, for the near term, you focus on what you want in way of an RV. We don’t consider what we do as ‘camping’.. we work full time, regular office hours, and have office space set up for both of us (so we went real big in this, our second coach). But we’re often surrounded by folks who ARE camping and on vacation (so happy hour happens 😉). But if we weren’t working, we’d certainly be in something much smaller. You need to figure out just what kind of RV’ing you’ll be doing and then what kind of RV you’ll be comfortable doing it in.
This is all great information, and we will for sure take it into consideration. My husband was born and raised in Forest City, Iowa (home of Winnebago) and we have stock in the company so the brand is already picked but a lot of other items to consider. We both will be working while on the road so that information is good to know as well.
After 25 years of the lifestyle, being naked in public is pretty second nature for us.

Out of curiosity, is your current avatar the one that was rejected on the Escapees Forums? Personally I think it's fine and I hope to run into you one of these days.
Hi Lou, To be honest, I am not sure which picture we originally posted on the escapee rv forum but the moderator was very considerate in letting us know what was acceptable. They did let us know we could post pretty much whatever type of pics we wanted on our profile album which we will probably do. No hard feelings at all with them. Not sure what they allow on this forum???

Yea ExCalif, we would most likely have no problem with introducing ourselves into the conversation. Just hope you are not offended by an ample amount of cleavage. My wife is usually not too shy about that. LOL

Hi Old Crow and we don't know a lot about it but what we have read it would be right up our alley. Would have to be fully self contained but I don't think that would be an issue for us. I would think the rules would be more relaxed and the people would be pretty relaxed about everything. Probably more distance between RVs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom