Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SopieWorthing

Hi everyone
My name is Sophie and I'm new on here so please treat me gently if I ask silly questions every now and then. My problem is I have a Compass Navigator 360rl 1997 and I'm trying to locate the grey waste outlet.There is one pipe at the rear of the van but this seems to empty the fresh water out but I cannot seem to find another outlet pipe that just emptied the grey/waste water. I'm probably being a bit dim (which has been known) is it secreted away somewhere. Please help. Thanks in advance. Sophie

I would think the fastest way to find that would be to ask a fellow rver in a site near you. Most all the rv folks are willing to help when someone is in need. Without knowledge of your rig, whick I don't have I would ask someone close. Hope this helps you.

On most rvs, the gray water tank and black water tank connected to one waste outlet. Usually there is one lever or slide valve for each tank to empty out through the common waste outlet. Look under and around that main outlet to find the release valve for the gray tank.

Just a question, how do you know the gray tank isn't emptying?

v4-460px-Replace-an-RV-Waste-Valve-Handle-Step-6-Version-2.jpg.webp

1st, Welcome from WI USA.

Not real familiar with these at all but found this on Youtube.

It would be a large (3" or 4") pipe with an adjacent T-handle pull/push valve (see Kirk's reply & picture). May protrude slightly under the coach, or may be behind a door panel very low on the side. Usually the same side as the water & electric hook-ups, but not always.

If your van has the Thetford cassette-style toilet, then the gray waste will be separate from the black waste, but if it has a regular RV toilet then the black waste tank will empty through the same outlet pipe as the gray.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom