Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotjimland

Hi, I'm Jim and I live in Scotland, recently bought an American RV and plan to retire early and tour Europe.. who knows , maybe the States one day .. :)

Hello Jim!

Welcome to the Forum.  We enjoy learning the perspective of RVing in Europe.  Which coach did you get?  Is there a comprehensive directory of campgrounds capable of handling big rigs in Europe?  If so what is it and do they have a website?  What about the availability of RV accesories...any chains of stores or are they all independently owned?

scotjimland said:
Hi, I'm Jim and I live in Scotland, recently bought an American RV and plan to retire early and tour Europe.. who knows , maybe the States one day .. :)

Hi there Jimmy. ;)  Glad you can join us.  When you start touring the continent keep us posted.

scotjimland said:

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad you have joined us.  I am looking forward to your posts relating to your RVing experiences.

Hi Everyone .. thanks for your replies and interest ..
My rig is a Georgie Boy Cruise Master on Spartan chassis, pusher diesel, cummins engine, alison auto box . 36 ft long.. Its in beautiful condition, imported here new in 1998, one owner 40k mls.
Camp sites in UK are somewhat restricted with such a big rig , average UK rigs are under 24 ft, most around 18ft so it's quite an eye catcher on the road !!  .
There is no campsite directory for big rigs, i phone and check before arriving .. its not been a problem so far.
We ( My wife and two children) are big fans of America and Americana and country music,  there are lots of American shows here, country and western nights etc .. yeee haaa lol
We are setting off next week for 3 weeks in France and Germany . previous years we have been to Spain and Switzerland ..

All the Best from across the pond

Jim n' Jan

My rig is a Georgie Boy Cruise Master on Spartan chassis, pusher diesel, cummins engine, alison auto box . 36 ft long.. Its in beautiful condition, imported here new in 1998, one owner 40k mls.
Camp sites in UK are somewhat restricted with such a big rig , average UK rigs are under 24 ft, most around 18ft so it's quite an eye catcher on the road !! 

Out of curiousity, what provision does the rig have for UK electricity?  Are all the appliances and such built for 240VAC, 50Hz, or is there a power converter on board to convert 240 down to 120VAC for US appliances?

Hi Jim & Jan,

Welcome to the forum and the RVing world! I'm sure you will enjoy it all.

When you finally get to tour the U.S. you'll have to stop at Nashville and Branson. ;D We've been to Nashville several times at gone to the Grand Ole Opry. Great entertainment for those that like country western music. We hope to hit Branson sometime soon.

Be sure to let us know about your adventures in Europe. We did a six week tour of Europe in '01 but not in an RV. The friends with whom we toured are members of the forum and they are now 300 miles north of the Arctic Circle in their motorcoach.

Carl Lundquist said:
Out of curiousity, what provision does the rig have for UK electricity?? ?Are all the appliances and such built for 240VAC, 50Hz, or is there a power converter on board to convert 240 down to 120VAC for US appliances?

Hi ,
It has a 240v - 110v transformer to power the fridge and roof air cons. The TV, DVD and microwave are UK 240v.
There is also a 240v ring main with UK sockets in the bedroom, kitchen and lounge.

scotjimland said:
Hi ,
It has a 240v - 110v transformer to power the fridge and roof air cons. The TV, DVD and microwave are UK 240v.
There is also a 240v ring main with UK sockets in the bedroom, kitchen and lounge.

Interesting.  The matter is an issue in another thread where a Brit is trying to import an RV purchased in the US.  The big stuff is converted, the small stuff replaced and a 240VAC circuit with convenience outlets is provided.  Thanks.

scotjimland said:
Hi ,

just that????

Back
Top Bottom