Hi from Bert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cascabel3

Bought my 35 ft 1993 Vectra DP two weeks ago, my first MH ever.  I drove a bunch of them, the diesel sold me though.  I wanted one to begin with but was afraid of having to go down in age too much.  This one got to me.  I couldn't get the test ride out of my head.  I am having some small things checked and fixed, as I planned on putting some money towards the RV.  I look forward to traveling.  Thanks for having me on this forum.

Hi Bert,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  I think you will enjoy the diesel MH.  We have had two diesels and our first was Gas.  No doubt about it the diesel power will spoil you.

Please join in any of the ongoing discussions, ask questions, or start new discussions relating to the RVing lifestyle.

What part of the country are you from?

Hello Ron,

thanks a lot for the welcome.  I currently live on the North side of Los Angeles.  I will move to an area near Palm Springs in a few months.  I was really amazed at the difference between gas and diesel.  I hope my 1993 Vectra ( 5.9 cummins and 6 speed Allison) will do me well.  It's a little intimidating at first, but my heart beats high just starting her. 

Welcome Bert and congratulations on the Vectra. Hope to see you around the forum regularly. Let us know if we can help or answer any questions..

Thanks Tom  :)

I hope to learn a lot about diesels.  I have a fascination with engines and this is sort of new territory for me.  Looking forward to participating here.

Bert,

Palm Spring isn't too far from Quartzsite.  You are sure welcome to join us at the Quartzsite rally on the desert South of QZ next Jan.  Check the calendar for dates of RV Forum rallies.  You are welcome to attend any of them.

Hi Bert,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. I think you'll be very happy you went with a diesel. We have a 40' American Dream. Can't beat the diesel for ride and quietness. :)

We were in the Palm Springs area a couple of times this past winter. Sure is a busy place! :)

Thanks Jim and thanks Ron for the invite to Quartzsite.  Have been through there many times on my way to Tucson (not in RV yet) and love the place.  Especially nice during Summer when no one is there ;D

Seeing it during the Rally in January is a must for me.  Can't wait....MH heaven.  That way I can go and check out the 40+ footers.  Hey guys, I am having a new radiator installed, cost of a 5 core radiator $1350.  Does this sound reasonable?

Cascabel3 said:
That way I can go and check out the 40+ footers.  Hey guys, I am having a new radiator installed, cost of a 5 core radiator $1350.  Does this sound reasonable?

Bert

The MSRP for the radiator in my 40', side mount Spartan chassis is $995 plus shipping and labor. Sounds about right.

Thanks Bernie.  I had a feeling that's what it would be.  Getting valves adjusted, new valve cover gaskets, new front tires as the front are over five years old, new vacuum lines and an oil change.  I look forward to being on the road.

Cascabel3 said:
Thanks Bernie.  I had a feeling that's what it would be.  Getting valves adjusted, new valve cover gaskets, new front tires as the front are over five years old, new vacuum lines and an oil change.  I look forward to being on the road.

We'll be looking for you at Quartzsite next January ;)

"I'll bring the beer Grin"

Harumph...I require a well chilled and aged cabernet savignon, he replied, snootingly.

rhmahoney said:
"I'll bring the beer Grin"

Harumph...I require a well chilled and aged cabernet savignon, he replied, snootingly.

Will two buck chuck do?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom