hi from key west

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karl said:
Bernie,

Not to thread drift to much, but I got to do a couple of hot laps in a 2005 Carrera GT (612 h.p.)? at RA.! There were conditions, however. As it only had about 400 miles on it, he said I had to keep it under 7,000 rpm and max. speed of around 155. What a blast - 0 to 60 in around 3.9 sec. Of course I killed the engine 4 times before getting used to the clutch; heck the flywheel is so light, there's no inertia and you really have to feather it from a dead stop.? ?

:eek: :eek: ;D   

I bet that was fun.  Yes, light weight racing clutch and flywheels take a little getting use to but on the track, they are awsome for lots of heel/toe shifting.

See you guys at the track

wendycoke said:
Hey, Jeff, my nephew races motorcycles in Oklahoma...somewhere near Harrah.

Racing motorcycles is the farthest from what I would ever have the courage to do.  I love being behind my roll cage.  Not perfect but....

Motorcycle racers are a different breed and I give them all the credit in the world. 

I know they also race some road racing on bikes up at Hallett OK.  I have never watched them but would love to. 

Jeff

heck  these BMX bicycle races get squirrelly enough for me, some of those guys get hurt pretty bad.  They sure do battle in those turns with lots of elbows flying and wheel bumping.  Some of those jumps scare the heck out of you.  Grand Dau up graded this year to Pro after having won the World Championship for 15 yr old girls in 04 in Vancouver.  She thought it was easy  HA  Did she get a big awakening when they started pushing her around.  Now she's finally getting up enough nerve to shove  back. And it's great going around the country to those races in the motorhome  Being right at the track with everyone.  Nice bonfires and lots of stories.

Karl said:
Bernie,No charge, but you'll have to pull guard duty on my scotch from Helaine and Wally (and Jeff!) :D

No problem, but you know I have to check it out every so often to make sure it wasn't diluted ;D

Quote from: wendycoke on September 08, 2006, 07:35:01 PM
Hey, Jeff, my nephew races motorcycles in Oklahoma...somewhere near Harrah.

Racing motorcycles is the farthest from what I would ever have the courage to do.? I love being behind my roll cage.? Not perfect but....

Motorcycle racers are a different breed and I give them all the credit in the world.?

I know they also race some road racing on bikes up at Hallett OK.? I have never watched them but would love to.?

Well at least some of the logic is that dragbike racers get thrown clear of a wreck, not trapped in a cage like a car...it's something you have to do to appreciate fully whether you love it or hate it. My wife wrecked 2 yrs ago during a pass. The chassis unloaded after a dip at 134mph (the onboard computer recorded the whole event). Anyway, after she was out of intensive care she was asking me how the bike was and can she race next week..........funny thing is, the bike kept going down the track (on its side) and won the race.

Dad raced sprint cars. Nephew races motorcycles. Husband is not allowed to race anything (so he used to skydive and scuba dive instead). Not a lot of brain cells in the family.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom