hi from key west

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keywester

Hello up there!
Just joined last night. My wife Karen and I live here in key west, florida...and ernesto just went by with no harm done. We have a rexhall rexair 40 foot diesel pusher and 20' race trailer. Karen races top gas bike, which is motorcycle drag racing on the east coast. I'm usually on late night per my schedule. Nice to be here!

Hi Keywester,

Welcome to the forum. Glad Ernesto didn't do any damage. There's been enough done in the past. Hope you find the forum informative. Lots of people here willing to answer any questions.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the Forum, ask questions, join in on any of the ongoing discussions, or start new discussions.  Thanks for joining us.

Welcome, keywester.  We used to own property in Marathon and still have several close friends there, whom we visit whenever we can.  We also know a couple  (the Alexanders) who live  in Key West during the winter (their summer place is in Maine).

keywester, Hi from east TN. looking for a little info for your area, will need a campsite sometime in oct. most likely for a couple of wks., little job at car rental at airport, whats my chances of finding something that time of year? thanks Phil. 

Welcome Karen's husband, Glad to hear that Ernesto didn't beat you up too badly. Lots of good info here and lots of friendly RVing folks.

Enjoy

Drag racing bikes!!!!  WOW.  That is some serioius "stuff".  I was going to say, that it would take some serious cajonies but obviously not. :D

I dabble in some car racing with the porsche club but nothing as serious as what you guys do.  good luck and be safe.

Welcome

Jeff

Gasser said:
Drag racing bikes!!!!  WOW.  That is some serioius "stuff".  I was going to say, that it would take some serious cajonies but obviously not. :D

I dabble in some car racing with the porsche club but nothing as serious as what you guys do.  good luck and be safe.

Jeff

Which region(s)? I used to be an instructor in Zone 1 and most of the regions there, also Chicago  and Arizona regions.

I am in Oklahoma.  I race mostly at TWS, Motorsports ranch in FW texas, Hallett OK and a few other surrounding tracks.  I am just now getting back into it as my kids are older and I will have a little easier time getting out of town.
    I was racing a D stock RSA but sold it three years ago.  I just picked up a nice 1995 993 D stock car ready to go.  Probably will need a top end re-work in the next couple of years but its a nice platform and the guy runs in the top of his class with this car so the car has way more potential than I do. ;D ;D ;D

Now that I have the motorhome, going to the track will be that much more enjoyable as there will be a place to get out of the weather and take a nap if need be.

Jeff

Jeff

I ran mostly at Bridgehampton (NY), Lime Rock (CT), Watkins Glen(NY), NHIS (NH) and Road America (WI). I started with an '88 Carrera and then bought a '93 911 RSA, one of the early ones. Ran full stock. When we moved to the Phoenix area, ran with the AZ Region at Phoenix International and Firebird, neither of which I found very interesting or enjoyable. Got up to Colorado for Pikes Peak International, Infineon (CA) and the SCCA track north of Sacremento. Much more enjoyable tracks. But since we really had to travel far to get to the enjoyable ones, we gave it up and sold the RSA.

Keeping the RV at the track made us the envy of all of our friends. We also used it as the AZ Region hospitality suite for the Rolex series races at PIR.

Cool, another RSA guy.  I loved mine but I could not pass up this deal on the 993 and I love the body style of them.  I hope it turns out to be a good car in the long run.

We have a lot of great tracks with in a days drive.  My buddies and I are thinking about getting a three car trailer and traveling together to all events in two motorhomes and one big trailer.  Shouild be loads of fun cooking out at the end of the day.  In the end, the bench racing and eating at the end of the day was some of my favorite memories when I was racing before.

Jeff

Having a motorhome at a track Thurs nite to Sunday morning is the ONLY way to go, either racer or spectator. While the truck/trailer guys are looking for hotels miles away (not too many Days Inn's near a racetrack!) and getting REALLY hungry, you're relaxing in a lazyboy watching the day's news and enjoying a cold bevvie, and you can sleep an hour longer than them and still be on time for tech. Can't even think of being without it for this purpose.

I wish we had the real estate down here for your type of racing. That's something I'd do...my brother autocrossed minicoopers for years around Washington DC where I'm from. But alas I'm stuck as the lowly pit bitc* for my wife's program......

Gasser said:
I am in Oklahoma.? I race mostly at TWS, Motorsports ranch in FW texas, Hallett OK and a few other surrounding tracks.? I am just now getting back into it as my kids are older and I will have a little easier time getting out of town.
Jeff

Hey, Jeff, my nephew races motorcycles in Oklahoma...somewhere near Harrah.

Bernie,

Not to thread drift to much, but I got to do a couple of hot laps in a 2005 Carrera GT (612 h.p.)  at RA.! There were conditions, however. As it only had about 400 miles on it, he said I had to keep it under 7,000 rpm and max. speed of around 155. What a blast - 0 to 60 in around 3.9 sec. Of course I killed the engine 4 times before getting used to the clutch; heck the flywheel is so light, there's no inertia and you really have to feather it from a dead stop. 

Karl said:
Bernie,

Almost forgot - I've got another Chicago PCA shirt for you! 

Short sleeve or long sleeve ;D ??? ;D ??? ;D ???

I'm Jealous about your ride in the GT.

Karl said:
Bernie,

They're really nice this year. White, short-sleeved, three button front, crew neck. PCA TRAC 2006  with Porsche logo on the front and a nice Porsche photo on the back. Real classy :)

Sold ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom