Hi From SoCalif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jkgjr

Hi. Iโ€™m starting my new RV journey in spite of all the risks involved today. I prefer to see the brighter side; Completely aware of the challenges and looking forward to the great human beings Iโ€™ll meet. Stay safe. Thanks for listening. ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ•๐Ÿš๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸŒณโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ

Ex-Calif

Welcome aboard!

Your posting says SoCal and your profile says Ohio? Is there a story here?

You definitely will meet cool people here and around the campgrounds. I am always fascinated by how everyone's life story is different yet we meet around that campfire in some random location and (unlike how it appears online sometimes) we all get along...

Matt_C

JKGjr,
There is a lot to see and do out in the world, we can be a lot of guidance.
You will have questions. Ask away and if you manage to ask a question that is the most stupid or silly of all time, you will win a prize. Many of us that write here were born knowing every thing that mattered about RVing. (RIGHT??)
I suggest you add a sigfile that includes some information about your unit. The variations can bring on a wide variety of issues that are type specific.
Lastly and not leastly, be ready to log into the Wednesday evening chat right here. RV Chat <= link for 7pm ET (1900 tonight) There is often a wide range of experience there that are welcoming and interested to assist and advise.
Matt

Jkgjr

Greetings - @matt-C, @Ex-Calif, @RNS,
Happy to meet you here and thank you all for your kind words. I donโ€™t have an RV yet ๐Ÿ˜ and that was going to be my next post in the buy/sell threadsโ€ฆ Was planning my retirement now for over a year before 2020 and it all came to a standstill after both parents passed away. It was between sailboat or van-convert, and the RV made more sense now that I need to tend my parents OH and FL properties. Itโ€™s been really hard to find the perfect RV. But for now Iโ€™m going to rent for a weekend and learn the ins-outs of the lifestyle and meet the community. thanks so much for your answers and patience. I didnโ€™t know in enough time about todayโ€™s chat but Iโ€™ll definitely catch next chat on here. Blessings and stay safe ๐ŸฆŒ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ’โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ•๐ŸŒˆ

Matt_C

JKGjr,
For Starters, there is no perfect RV (or sailboat either). If you are not a great technician, a newer van convert has a lot of charm as it can be serviced in regular facilities. If it looks mostly like a van and is less than 7' tall, you won't get hammered by the tolls on the blue roads. I can tell you that working the chat here and reading all the forums you can find is a good start to finding what you may like.
I wish you luck to find what you seek and safe travel when you do.
You are, of course, welcome to come back here and visit any time.
Matt

Jkgjr

@matt. I agree. Thatโ€™s good insight about the toll on Blue. Safety and reliability are #1 for me. I appreciate your wisdom here. It is a relief to see all the threads with abundance of info. One of the better websites for sure. ๐Ÿ‘‹ take care

jackiemac

Site Team
Hi and welcome.

Be aware that the for sale threads are locked, so if you have specific questions please start a thread.

Good luck with your search.

Sorry for the loss of your parents.

Jkgjr

Hi. Thank you for the update. Apologies for posting on the wrong place. I donโ€™t know exactly how to do that, I will figure it out ๐Ÿ˜Š. Do you mean to start my own new thread? Or do I find a page already made for this purpose? Appreciate your help.
CC

Top Bottom