Hi, I am new to this RV forum and new to the RV Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brysondrive

I live in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada ( about 700 airmiles south of Santa! )at the end of the road and have just purchased a 1997 Newmar Dutchstar 37ft. I will need alot of help as I have alot of questions as I have never had any type of RV nor have I ever driven one. The unit is in Arizona ( good old ebay ) and my lovely lady and I plan on picking it up in April or May 2006, so I have alot of time to get useful information from friendly people like the subscribers to this forum. I know very little about RVing as the only research I have done is, for the last year and a half, was asking RV people that I came across, what the good manufactures were, what was the best suppension, diesel pusher as opposed to gas, what extras they would recommend, that kind of stuff. Not operational things like how do I store it in the winter( it can get as cold as -40 where I live ),  and stuff like that. I have approx three years to 'practice' until my 'Gal' and I hit the road for our 'get away from winter trips to the southern states and golf. During our practice runs we will be determining whether or not we will enjoy life on the road and perhaps will move up to a newer and bigger model.
I am looking forward to asking alot of questions and getting sage advice from those that have been RVing for years and are willing to give advice to us beginners..
I thank you all in advance
Ric Bolivar

Ric Bolivar,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  You have found the right place to get the answers to your questions relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Where in Az is you Dutch Star?

Hi Ric,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure all of your questions will be answered. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Ask any questions you might have.

Ron said:
Ric Bolivar,

Welcome to the RV Forum.? You have found the right place to get the answers to your questions relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Where in Az is you Dutch Star?

Thanks for the welcome Ron, my rv is in Apache Junction, I am looking forward to using the forum to learn from experienced users.

Appachi Junction is not far from Phx.  Will you be able to join us at the QZ rally in January?  We do have a good time there.
We winter in the YUma area.  We will be at the QZ rally.

Ron said:
Appachi Junction is not far from Phx.? Will you be able to join us at the QZ rally in January?? We do have a good time there.
We winter in the YUma area.? We will be at the QZ rally.
No Ron, I won't be joining you there as I will not pick up the unit until Ap or May/06. Nathalie and I will be in Las Vegas in October and we are planning on renting a car and drive to Appache Junction to have a look at our new home away from home.  We are looking forward to many good trips in the future. By reading the articles etc in the forum, it looks like everyone enjoys the lifstyle and there is alot of camaraderie.

Ric

Well if you can't join us at QZ in January maybe yoy can join us at Portal RV Park in Moab the ned of April and first week in May.

You found the right place!  Hubby and I recently became part of the "framily" here.  We are also new to rving. I have learned a tremendous amount of information in this forum. I had a couple of questions that were answered right away with really good advice. Just browsing through the forum has been a great help. Like they say...if you aren't quite as knowledgeable as you'd like to be, surround yourself with those who are.  This is the place!  I feel much more comfortable taking advice from the long time rvers that will give you advice from personal experience than from some of the folks at the rv place that just started to work there last month!
What we decided to do...being new at this, was to take small trips for a while just to get used to how things work, get comfortable with driving, what we were packing that we didn't need, what we weren't packing that we did need...that sort of thing. So far we have learned something on every trip. We also found little things that needed repair, as we puchased an older rv.
Hope your adventures are all you dreamed of!
Janette

Hi and welcome to the RV forum.  We are happy to see you here and hope that we can answer your questions as they occur.  Living in Yellowknife, NW Territory is probably going to present you with some interesting problems for "winterizing" your coach for that -40 temperature range.  I presume this is Celsius?  Oops!  That's right -40 is the same in either Fahrenheit of Celsius.

I'm not a cold weather person so know almost nothing about protecting your coach's engine, transmission, water system, sewer system etc.  We have plenty of people here who do, though and I expect they will jump in with answers to your questions.  Good luck, and again, welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom