Hi! New here. Thanks for letting me join. Jayco C-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Opfreemans

I am hoping to add a back up camera to the top of the back of my camper where the 5 red lights are. I hope to use the center light socket for placement and for the power to the camera. Are any of these lights connected to the brakes?

No. The lights are not connected to the brakes. They are connected to your running lights.

The lights you speak of should not be moved or eliminate. It is part of state/federal guidelines for vehicles of this type.

Full time power for a camera would need to be pulled from a different power source that offers full time power. This will require some wiring understanding of the rear of your rv.

Based on your other (closed) thread I see you want to put in a bluetooth camera. I did the same thing forgetting about the camera needing power. Fortunately for me I was replacing an existing wired camera and used the old wiring for power.

If you want the camera to function only as a back up camera the usual tap for power is into the the back up lights circuit. I wanted my camera on full time with ignition as a rear view camera.

I was pretty lucky that there was also a space between the outer wall of the MH and the inner bedroom wall so snaking the wires was easy.

Hooking to the running lights seems good to me. I think it is a good idea to travel with the running lights anyway so turning on the lights turns on the camera.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom