Hi There!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you found us. What kind of RV do you have?

Presently in between RVs, and RVless. Retired from Verizon and planning to get a new DSDP and fulltime, hopefully this fall.

Good luck on your fulltiming plan!  Will you be travelling with a significant other or solo?  Glad you found the RV Forum, and we'll be looking forward to getting to know you...watch for the Forum rallies announce here on the Forum...where you can have a chance to meet Forum membersface to face...

Welcome Route 66! 

I too am a Verizon retiree, though most of my service was in the Bell System and Baby Bell days.

I think you are picking a good company with Newmar.  I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my new KS3910 and will also be fulltiming.  It is finished, sitting at the factory, waiting for a driver.  I think all the Dutch Star and Mountain Aire guys are getting drivers assigned ahead of this poor Kountry Star owner so they can make their Memorial Day weekends.  I keep being told transportation assignment tomorrow.  Then the next day tomorrow again.  It got its full bod paint last week.

Hope to see you on the road this year.  Where you located?  I am currently in Maryland, closing a house sale, but have moved to Kalispell Montana.

Smoky said:
I too am a Verizon retiree, though most of my service was in the Bell System and Baby Bell days.

Smoky,

What did you do for Bell?

Phil

Phil, my career was in middle management.? As you know Bell loved to move managers around.? My assignments included business office mgmt, corporate finance, capital project management, corporate advertising, human resources, and a number of special assignments.? I was hired out of college with a B.S. in Physics from Loyola College in Baltimore.

Smoky

Smoky said:
Phil, my career was in middle management.  As you know Bell loved to move managers around.  My assignments included business office mgmt, corporate finance, capital project management, corporate advertising, human resources, and a number of special assignments.  I was hired out of college with a B.S. in Physics from Loyola College in Baltimore.

There is a lot of Bell Heads out there. I kicked around too. WECO, Bell Labs, Southwesternn, AT&T, Bellcore- Telcordia. now retired.

Nelson

Yup, Bell heads everywhere.  Bell System was a terrific outfit to work for.  I think those times are gone forever.  Corporations are much more transient these days.

Steve said;
Will you be traveling with a significant other or solo?

Don't have a significant other right now (may be good or bad depending on your point of view? ;) ). Looking for a retired lady to come along, but will go alone if need be. I'm accepting applications. LOL? ;D

Smoky, I'm in Newark DE. Started with Diamond State Telephone in 1967 as "nickel snatcher" or coin telephone collector. Delaware had only 1 phone company back then, and we were part of the AT&T Bell System. Retired as a Switching Equipment Tech, maintaining translations (software) on DMS 100 switches.

Route 66 said:
Presently in between RVs, and RVless. Retired from Verizon and planning to get a new DSDP and fulltime, hopefully this fall.

I wonder why  it is that so many retired phone  people have started RVing and are participating in this forum.  My husband, Terry,  had  33 years and 10 days with GTE ( Verizon. )  He started out climbing telephone poles.  At that time it was required that you be at least 6 foot 2 inches so that you could reach to  the end of the  pole equipment.  We now enjoy our motorhome lifestyle and the only climbing he does is up on the  motorhome roof to fix, set up and attend to stuff up there. 
Good luck with your decisions.  Stay in touch with  us.

Betty Brewer

Betty:

Does he wear his climbing boots to get to the roof?? ?;D

Yes, I have observed many retired Bell Heads doing the RV in retirement.? Have no idea why.? I know for myself it is just this powerful urge that wells up inside me.

Route 66, then we were eventually in the same company, after Diamond State joined Bell Atlantic.? Them were the days!

Smoky said:
Does he where his climbing boots to get to the roof?? ?;D

Smokey,
When you meet Terry you will learn he wears only sandals.  In the snow , out to eat, hiking.... always.  But he goes barefoot on the roof as his feet have good traction.
Betty

Sounds lie a man after my own heart, Betty.  Though I have a 2 pair collection adding my tennis shoes.

The Admiral however!  Why she even ordered a custom set of shoe shelves for the new coach.  Agggh!

Route 66, aren't you an "Administrator" on irv2?   Just want to know who we are talking to....   ;D

Route 66 said:
Just found this site, and have been poking around. Looks good!  8)

I'd like to ask the same question: Route 66, aren't you an "Administrator" on iRV2? I'm quite certain you are but I'd like to know just to be certain. I know that DriVer is here; Is Photog, Whaler and Dieselclacker here with ya too?

Wow Gary, this thread showed up in my "New posts since last visit".  I didn`t even pay attention to the date.  Maybe a post before mine was deleted after I posted?

Maybe a post before mine was deleted after I posted?

Mark, FWIW I just checked the log and didn't see a split, move, or deletion of any messages from this topic. (I only went back about 10 days in the log).

FYI you can click on a forum member's name to bring up their profile, and you'll see a link to view all their posts in the forum.

Back
Top Bottom