Hi! We just joined your group.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpoznick

I am 61, my husband is 58.  I am a teacher who is going to retire in a year and 1/2.  We would like to buy a fifth wheel and travel around the country.  We have had 2 pop-up campers in the past and have camped many places.  We just attended the CA RV show yesterday and are overwhelmed with all of the choices and the wide price range of fifth wheels available.  We need help and advice deciding which fifth wheel is right for us.  We are not set on buying a brand new trailer.  Any advice or recommendation you can give us would be appreciated.
I am looking forward to being a member of this group.
Margaret

Difficult for anyone to say what is best for YOU. What are you looking for? Lots of living room? Storage space for recreational gear (golf clubs, bikes, inflatable boats, etc) or hobbies & crafts? Maybe a king size bed is a must? Or perhaps a small size rig that can be taken into the narrow roads and smaller sites of the back country?

I definitely recommend buying used, especially for your first full or part timing rig. You really won't know what is most important to you until you live in the RV for months at a time and it is far less painful to trade a used rig for a different size or model than it is an almost new one.  And there are numerous fine used rigs available, in every size and style.

Hi Margaret and welcome. It can seem overwhelming when you see all the options available at an RV show. Gary offered some good advice when he suggested buying used until you know what works for you.

We just attended the CA RV show yesterday and are overwhelmed with all of the choices and the wide price range of fifth wheels available.  We need help and advice deciding which fifth wheel is right for us.

The right one is the one that can be pulled by your truck with a bit to spare.  What truck do you have (year, model, transmiission, cab, rear end ratio)?

Once the tow rating of your truck is determined you simply limit the trailer choice to ones that have a gross vehicle weight rating 10-20% less than that.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. I am sure we will be able to help you in your search for the perfect RV. Thanks for joining us

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom