Hi Y'all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCSanders

We're newbies... Rick and maribeth. We bought a 1981 Skyline Lindy 24' Class C about a month ago and we just made our shakedown run with it. Everything went great - the only problems were 100% my fault: I ran the chassis battery down listening to the radio and somehow my motorcycle leaned over against my generator in the trailer and rubbed some paint off the oil tank :-|

We're from South Mississippi, about 30 miles North of Biloxi, way out in the middle of DeSoto National Forest - we can boondock on our own property! LOL! We spent three weeks post-Katrina with no electricity last year. This was a contributory factor to the RV purchase. Now we can have hot showers, air conditioning, etc when the next hurricane comes.

We've both camped before - we owned a Starcraft 8 pop-up when I was a kid - but this is our first RV as adults! I've installed a 30A trailer outlet in the barn so we can leave the RV connected to shore power. We've been spending a lot of time in the RV out in the yard just cleaning and fixing little things... last night we had a fairly strong thunderstorm and our power was out for a few hours; we went out and fired up the generator, turned on the propane tank and cooked supper in the RV!

OK, we're obsessed. LOL!

Rick and maribeth
1981 24' Skyline Lindy
1998 Harley-Davidson Sportster toad

Whoa!  I hope you have a secure bunker to store that class C in.  RVs with their slab sides and being perched on sprung axles have issues with high wind.  Issues like being blown over and apart.  OTOH you sure can use it to evacute in.

Do not forget to fill the freshwater tank and stablize it with a 1/4 cup of chlorine bleach for every 40 gallons.  Replace the water every two months.  Keep the gas tank topped off and the propane bottles full.  Consider vacations in Colorado or Montana in August and September.

Rick and Maribeth,

Welcome to our forum. Congratulations on the Lindy and the (almost) successful shakedown cruise.. Like Carl, we live in earthquake country and the RV provides good alternative accomodation and a backup source of power.

Rick and Maribeth,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, as questions, or start new discussions. Thanks for joining us.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom