Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suehoo

Hello All:  I'm definitely new to RVing, in my 2001 Chinook Concourse.  From tent camping to popup tent, we've now graduated.  I'm anxious to get away on some short trips and have two different situations...my husband sleeps on a CPAP machine, so tent camping wouldn't cut it.  And my Mom is on 24-7 oxygen so getting her out needed some support (and the potty doesn't hurt too!!).  I'll look forward to seeing all the chats and learning about great adventures.

Hi and welcome to our forum. Feel free to look around or ask any questions and we'll try to get them answered. Also, if you're the mood for reading, click the Library button above and select one of the categories to see various articles that might be of help.

Sounds like a nice unit. ?The features on the 2006 model mention two deep cycle house batteries with 200amps (amp/hours?) of output. ? ?With that CPAP, if you plan on any boondocking (camping away from shore power) check out the batteries on your unit. ? With a 2001 unit, they probably need replacement. ? Replace with the largest true deep cycle batteries you can fit. ? Do NOT get "dual purpose batteries", they do not have evough reserve capacity. ? Solar or a generator would be a valuable addition if not there already.

Thanks for the info, Carl.  I've got solar recharge on batteries and a 4kw Onan generator, so CPAP should be ok!  Looking forward to some freedom!!

Welcome to the RV Forum. Glad you found us.  Please ask any questions you have, join in on any of the ongoing discussions or start new discussions.  Thanks for joining us.

suehoo said:
Thanks for the info, Carl.? I've got solar recharge on batteries and a 4kw Onan generator, so CPAP should be ok!? Looking forward to some freedom!!

Sounds good.  Do check out the age and condition on those batteries tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom