hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edfgreen

23 yrs old.. Worked my way up the corporate ladder.. and it in turn has driven me absolutely nuts.  So instead, im spending my hard earned funds on an older model RV so i can go back to enjoying life instead of wasting it in pursuit of money and the american dream of a home so full of junk that by the time you're 60 your children have to force you into having a yard sale.  No, instead im going to pay parking tickets for sleeping in my RV near beaches, and im going to surf, and skateboard, and grow a beard, and have fun...  why wait till im 60 to do what all you 60 year olds figured out later on.  lol.. thats my story and im sticking to it.

nice to be aboard;
Jason

Wow  And I'm 72 and wouldn't phathom during that at any age.  But couldn't begin to afford that at that age. Still welcome to the RV style of life. 

I hate to break this to you but you will find yourself about as welcome as the plague in most beach cities in California.  They have all experienced gypsy RVers camping in neighborhoods and dumping their tanks into storm drains.  Most have made it illegal to sleep over night in a vehicle parked on a street.  The state gets on your case when you are caught dumping in a storm drain -- that is slammer time not a parking ticket.  If you accumulate a raft of overdue parking tickets, you may find a Denver Boot on your home and a tow truck on the way.

Do your camping in real campgrounds, and spring for the site rental.  If you need to dump tanks find a dump station at a campground or at a state site.    I would recommend reconsidering your plans and use an RV to enjoy vacations, not escape life. 

Thanks Carl for stating what I was thinking. I've got 2 park models, 2 big cars, a MH and trailer. ?I try to abide by most rules and regulations, yet I'm called trailer trash. ? No telling what that is called. ? ?Think I'll stay in the parks with an occasional dry camp, away from the beaches. Money at any age doesn't mean squat, if you don't have common sense and decientcy. It appears to be a spoiled youngster with no regard for anyone or anything.  Not the same with those of us that actually worked for  a living and earned it the hard way,  we tend to understand. Of course this is only MHO.  Glad my Son doesn't think that way, I might become sonless.

Sounds to me like boredom will set in very quickly in this new lifestyle. I wonder how many rungs were in that corporate ladder? 23 sounds like a very young burn out age.

Hey, we're not all 60 and we don't all have a house full of junk. And my parents, who happen to be 77, also don't have a house full of junk so I won't ever need to 'force them to have a yard sale.' And even if they did have a houseful of junk, it's their junk.

There's nothing wrong with surfing and skateboarding and looking for free or cheap campgrounds but few of us 'old geezers' would violate the law and pay a parking ticket in order to sleep near the beach. Come to think of it, I wouldn't have done that when I was 23.

Oh, and by the way, my husband has a beard and has since he left the Marine Corps where he proudly served his country. And I served in the U.S. Army. Of course, that was before we became old and decadent in our pursuit of money.

Me thinks we are hearing the echos of the generation gap here. :D

Back
Top Bottom