Hide a bed mattress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RREngr

Just wondered if anyone has used the hideabed couch in your MH.  I am concerned as to whether it will be comfortable enough or if I will need to upgrade it.  Son says he plans to bring his aerobed along when they go with us the first time just in case it is not comfortable.  I pulled it out and it seems pretty thin.  Kay

Our daughter and son in law slept on ours one night before announcing it was "not very comfortable". We recently removed it from the coach.

>>Just wondered if anyone has used the hideabed couch in your MH.? I am concerned as to whether it will be comfortable enough or if I will need to upgrade it<<

The new coach's now offer an air mattress built into the hide a bed that is suppose to be very comfortable.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

We recently slept on a hide-a-bed with an air mattress at a friends house. It had a single air chamber, unlike our Sleep Number bed at home. After two nights my other half declared "that was uncomfortable".

Wonder if I can find one of the upgraded air mattresses that you say are being used in the new coaches.  Not very good to invite relatives or friends along on a trip and have them be uncomfortable!  Kay

Guys!? I don't know if you've heard about the Froli Sleep System.? It comes from Germany and is used in RV's there.? As a matter of fact, it is being used in the "over the cab" bunk in Airstream's newest camper imported form Germany.? It is a system that improves your bed 1000% by providing individual customization (kind of like a sleep number bed without the air).? It also does away with the under mattress moisture.? Froli's U.S. distributor's web site is: frolisleepsystems.com
We use it in our boat and it works great!

We looked at a couple of mattress items at the Fairplex RV show in Pomona last weekend.  The nice mattress that was like a Tempur pedic was $1300 for a 10 inch thickness.  Felt that was pretty steep, the other was a "gel" type mattress topper--not too impressed with it.  After reading several forum posts, we decided to try the memory foam topper that Costco sells for $130 for queensize.  We will try it out tonight and let you know how we slept on it.  Told hubby that if we don't like it, we can use it on the sofa sleeper and get something else for us.  If we do like it, may get another one for the sofa sleeper so guests will be more comfortable too.  Kay

Forgot to give my update on using the memory foam from Costco.  It worked great over our mattress in the MH.  We slept much better and it still allowed the sheets to fit on just fine too.  Before we take our son and daughter in law along on a trip, we will have to go get another one for the hide a bed!  Yeah, one more problem solved.  Kay

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom