Highway 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marsha/CA

Moderator Emeritus
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted.  This retirement stuff is really busy/hard work.  (whew) 

Tim and I spent most of June/July flyfishing in Idaho and Montana.  I caught the biggest fish, but don't have a photo to prove it, so all of my family think I'm "stretching" the truth!....It was a 20 inch Brown trout and I landed it with no net!!!.  We were flyfishing the Madison River, lots of fun; but that river is very hard to wade.  We returned home on July 15th

We are planning on taking off for the midwest the last part of August; and I was hoping someone could provide some info.  We would like to take Highway 2 across the northern part of the country, drop down into upper Michigan and on into Indiana/Ohio.  Has anyone traveled highway 2 from Montana on into the upper part of Michigan?  I'm hoping we'll catch some fall colors, but we might be too early for that.

Marsha~

Marsha:

The only part of Highway 2 that I have traveled is northern Wisconsin and Minnesota.  The highway is just fine.

We are currently just north of 2 in Washburn, WI and headed up to Grand Marais, MN in the morning.

Hi Marsha,

Haven't talked with you in a while. Your fishing trip story is manking me very jealous. We're currently on a trip to OR and WA. The fly fishing tackle is on board, along with the waders and float tube.

Marsha

We've taken US 2 from western Minnesota to Idaho and would do it again any time. The only problem the next few weeks would be the traffic in Minot, ND area due to the FMCA convention.

Hi Bernie,

We were trying to figure out how we could squeeze in the Minot rally/convention; but we just can't make it work out with our time frame.  Glad you guys have traveled #2.  Just seems like it would be a neat road to see.  Tim and I have found out that we really like the backroads.  We will be doing close to 6,000 miles in just over 6 weeks; which is a LOT OF MILES.  We need to be back in So Cal for a "Friends of Freedom" air show.  We've reserved a table right in the very front and really don't want to miss it; but could if we find that we just can't make that many miles in the time frame we've alloted.

Marsha~ 

Marsha,

We have traveled from Michigan to Montana and found the highway to be just fine. ?Should you come through Montana stop by Sam's Camp in Lewistown. ?We would like to see you guys.

MarshaLassen/CA said:
We were trying to figure out how we could squeeze in the Minot rally/convention; but we just can't make it work out with our time frame. 

Marsha

Shame you can't join us at Minot, weather permitting it should be a good one. On subject, we are planning on taking US 2 back to the Seattle area afterward.

Hi Tom,

Well, it's always a good idea to carry your flyfishing equipment, you never can tell when a great stream is nearby....{big grin}  We have all the flyfishing stuff underneath, just incase! 

I have a short story:

We were fishing the Madison River near West yellowstone and I was wading fairly close to shore; but still in some strong waters.  I fell in and went completely under, got soaking wet and was glad I had my safetly waist belt on.  As I came up I realized I had dropped my expensive $$$ Sage rod/reel.  Tim was about 600 yards down stream from me, and as I came up out of the water I was yelling at him to look for my rod/reel floating down toward him.  Instead he came out of the water and hurried over to me to make sure I was OK.  We met somewhere in the middle on shore.  I was furious I had dropped my rod/reel, he was trying to calm me down and check me out.  (the water was "snow-melt" cold)  After things had settled for a moment, he said, ya know there are some good size bolders right in line of where you were.  He waded into the water about 30 feet and started looking around.  He noticed something "green" and reached in with his wading stick.  Darn, if he didn't pull out my rod/reel!!!  That was the best catch of the trip.

Sorry we couldn't meet up with you and Chris on our way up to Redding.  Seems like we have been so busy and are on such a tight schedule.  I hope some of that changes soon.  I still want to do a mini rally...something along the line of "mini-flyfishing" rally somewhere up near Mt. Shasta and McCloud.  I'm not sure anybody would be interested;  it might just end up being the Lassens and the Jones...{smile}

Marsha~

Ron and Sam,

We are working on the itinery and were hoping to squeeze in a night with you guys, if possible.  I'll get back to you.

Hope things are well with you both.  We have been having so much fun with our granddaugher.  We got to spent nearly a month with her in June/July.

Marsha~

What a story Marsha. Glad you were OK and that Tim was able to rescue the tackle.

Now you know, if it were me, I'd go after the tackle first, then go after Chris  ;D

Looking forward to the fly fishing mini-rally!

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Ron and Sam,

We are working on the itinery and were hoping to squeeze in a night with you guys, if possible.? I'll get back to you.

Hope things are well with you both.? We have been having so much fun with our granddaugher.? We got to spent nearly a month with her in June/July.

Marsha~

Hope you can stop by.  Would be good to see you again.

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the info.? How's your weather?

Marsha~

It has been a little warm the last couple of days.  Should be in the low 80's over this next week.  Quite comfortable in the shade.

Ron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom