Hints, Tricks and Gadgets/Tools --- small ones.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freeman

One suggestion on the smoke detector.... Invite the cigar smoking friend OUTSIDE the motor home and remove the detector to the outside for the test... That way the rig don't smell of cigar for the next way too long.

For water spiogts and a few other things as well. Get a small pump spray bottle (Most drug stores have them, as do dollar stores) and fill with bleach water, Just a "Cap full" for the small bottle is more than enough. Spritz the spigiot at the park before you start to get your hoses out. it will be nice and sanatary when you hook up.... No matter what the dog ... Or it's master... Did before you arrived.

Also useful when you need to clean up an unsanatary mess.. Germs consider Bleach to be... Well, let's just bugs like Raid Better.
Add a cap-full or 2, of dish washing soap to your mix. It gives the solution a longer hang time. Just cup your hands full of water to rinse the faucet before hooking up your water line.

Panfish Pa

I thought I would add a trick that doesn't make much sense but worked for us. We have a older Class C that we take to Florida from Ohio every winter for 2 to 5 weeks. This past winter was colder than normal and for the first time we emptied the propane tank a few days before heading home. I thought it would be good to have a full tank for the journey home, so went to a local hardware store in Deland Fl. and the attendant who seemed versed in filling tanks could not get the tank to take any propane, so the next day I tryed another store with the same results, I left scratching my head and decided to drive home knowing we would spend the night around Tennessee but knew I had a small ceramic heater to keep us warm while sleeping.
Long story short when I got home I went to our local propane dealer, the 1st attendant had the same issue, then a younger employee said have to tried opening the valve letting propane into the system (Fridge/furnace/ stove? so I opened it and whaa laww it filled completely, who knew?

SLOweather

Cheap, easy, portable, night lights.... LED votives/tea lights. They are self powered (no plug in to 12 VDC or AC). I get them in bulk from Amazon and look for the ones with built in timers (8 hour preferred. I've seen 4 and 6 hour too.). Also get a card or 2 of replacement batteries. If the timer isn't long enough, you can get ones with no timers, or put out 2 and stagger the time you turn them on the first time. Generally a battery lasts 2 or 3 months in the timed ones.

edjunior

Cheap, easy, portable, night lights.... LED votives/tea lights. They are self powered (no plug in to 12 VDC or AC). I get them in bulk from Amazon and look for the ones with built in timers (8 hour preferred. I've seen 4 and 6 hour too.). Also get a card or 2 of replacement batteries. If the timer isn't long enough, you can get ones with no timers, or put out 2 and stagger the time you turn them on the first time. Generally a battery lasts 2 or 3 months in the timed ones.

C'mon SLO, no fair. You can't post this without pictures, or at least a link to them. It's the rules!!

John From Detroit

The one time they had problems putting propane in my RV's tank the attendent snagged the emergency shut off cable when he pulled the hose out of the cabinet.. In short he shut the pump off... Naturally it would not fill.

SLOweather

C'mon SLO, no fair. You can't post this without pictures, or at least a link to them. It's the rules!!
Here are the larger sized one:

and the smaller ones:

I've been know to pull the wick out of an existing wax pillar candle and bore a cavity to fit one of these, as well.

ButchW

I also found ?Bubble Level? Apps on the phone and IPad are good surface bubble levels, easier than any other level I have found, just lay the phone on the floor. They also show degrees, which is useful for determining if it is safe to start the refrigerator
Byron Woods
Thanks Byron.. I'm going to download "Bubble Level" for my Iphone now...
Butch

ButchW

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but these adhesive backed button lights work great for storage compartment, closets or other non-lighted places... They were on sale for $5 a week or so ago...
Butch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ORV270RKS
Top Bottom