hitch pins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donnado

hi all, yet another  newbie, donna here.  have a question regarding hitch pins.  i have several very small spaces on my hitch that require hitch pins that i have lots of diffculty both opening and pushing on to the middle space.  i have purchased another type that has a hasp but it is too large to fit in some of the places.  any ideas?  thank you

Welcome to the RV Forum, Donna!  Glad you found us and hope you will enjoy the Forum.  I don't have experience with hitch pins, but other Forum members have, so I'll defer to someone else to address your question.

In the meantime, feel free to join in any ongoing discussion on the Forum and let us know if we can help.

donnado said:
hi all, yet another? newbie, donna here.? have a question regarding hitch pins.? i have several very small spaces on my hitch that require hitch pins that i have lots of diffculty both opening and pushing on to the middle space.? i have purchased another type that has a hasp but it is too large to fit in some of the places.? any ideas?? thank you

Welcome to the RV Forum Framily Donna.  I am sure some of the framily that have experience with hitch pns will be able to answer you question.
Please join in any of the discussions or start a discussion.  Glad you found us.

Donna, Im pretty good with trailering things. Ive built numerous hitch setups. Your description is kind of vague. If you could post a digi picture, Im sure you would get an answer..

What sort of hitch are we talking about, Donna? Trailer hitch? Car tow hitch? The one that holds the draw bar to the receiver? I gather these are pins that you put in and take out regularly, so that convenience is a big factor?  Our car hitch has several pins, but only two we remove frequently and those are easily accessible.  The rest of them we just leave in place.

Pins are available in 2-3 types and a variety of sizes. Sometimes you can substitute a padlock for them as well and that may fit in the available space better.

rvrrat said:
Donna, Im pretty good with trailering things. Ive built numerous hitch setups. Your description is kind of vague. If you could post a digi picture, Im sure you would get an answer..

I got most of what he's saying, He has a number of clutch pins These are the pins which have one straight side and the other side is like a half loop and an angle end, it's designed to "Clutch" a shaft  Wish I could ascii draw here but I'm not that good

The other kind is a straight pin with a spring clip hinged to it, it forms a retangle when "locked" (the spring pops over the end)

I use the former on stabalizer (Anti-sway) bars,  I don't think I have any of the latter just now but I'm looking to buy a few for use on a conversion job I'm doing (Converting a dead pop-up into a utility trailer)

Watching the news just now.. It's a one story night, Man walked into the station lobby and started shooting, Naturally the station has devoted it's entire news cast to this case since it's their people who were at danger and one of their perole who is at hospital getting carved upon. considering Detroit Reciving is something like the #1 gunshot hospital PERIOD, he is in very good hands.

Back
Top Bottom