Hitch recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riggins

What hitch would you recommend for a 5th Wheel? We are going to buy a GMC Sierra 2500 or equivalent and wanted to make sure we buy a great quality hitch. The GD dealer was quoting about $3K for the hitch which seems quite expensive based on what I found on the GMC website

We have the BW companion that fits the prep kit on our F350, it was supplied with the fifth wheel we bought as part of the package. It is heavy but I reckon you could pull a tank with it.
You best check what weight you can safely tow with a 2500 before you buy it. Most Fifth wheels need a 350 or 3500.
TonyL

Curt
Ive sold 1000s in my day. If you havent bought the truck yet look at 3500s in your search and one with a puck system it makes life easier. Go with a 20k minimum. I just bought another 5er so i bought a new hitch A25 from a Q20 and one of my friends did the same thing because he bought a new truck. The A stands for articulating, super smooth very quiet. It you ever lookin the box of a transport co most times you will find a Curt
Curtmfg.com

Attachments

• 20210320_155132.jpg
    20210320_155132.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Kinda what I was thinking, that whatever hitch he goes with would "look" a whole lot better in the back of a 3500 as opposed to a 2500...............

x3 on the 3500 (1 ton) truck if you plan to go with a fifth wheel. That's why I bought my Duramax dually last year. For now it's doing awesome with our TT, but we plan to go 5er in the next few years.

Hitch wise, I'd buy whatever I could find in decent used condition on Cragslist or Facebook Marketplace, that will safely pull the trailer I plan to own. ;) Just like any other vehicle accessory, something new that costs $3k at a dealer you can probably find used for half that (or less) if you search around enough. I'm a big fan of letting others take the depreciation hit. Yes there are plenty of highly rated makes/models out there, and some are heavier/lighter/louder/quieter than others... but they all accomplish the same task for pulling the trailer down the road.

My new Curt i bought online after doing some research $1300 canadian which is about $20 USD LOL
On line shopping and this interweeeb thing is a great tool

I have an Anderson 20,000# that fits in the rail system. Only weighs about 40#. Can be configured several different ways for clearance. I can get about 80 degrees with a standard bed Chev. Duramax.

Attachments

• 20210413_121322.jpg
    20210413_121322.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 4
I have it as well with a reese puck to rails adapter. I can get to about 90 degrees with a standard bed Ram.

As I type this, I am out doing errands and the dump. I pulled the 40lb hitch part out in 2 minutes and one hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom