HOLY CRAP AM I STUPID!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ITCHY FEET-Steve

:-[ :- HIDEE HO! If I were a little more computer savvy it would help. Am fairly new to "forums". Not great in the memory dept. either.  Anyhow, I,m Steve. My wife Angie have a business in Alberta that we hope to have renovated with an onsite manager and pull out of here next summer/fall. Head somewhere with friendlier winters. For now we are wannabes. Dare to dream!

As far as an RV go, I am thinking of a usedclass A diesel, in the 50-60 K range. Have been lookin' around e-bay -auto trader -places like this for a month or so.  Really like the concept of slide-outs, but not keen on most of the living-room lay-outs. Have got some good info from your forums already -engines, trannies etc. Gotta keep readin' and figure what works for us. Then get the money and dicker seriously. Anywho, I'm sure I'll have some pretty lame questions. Please be patient and don't snicker too loud. -sc

Steve and Angie,

Welcome to the RV Forum and congrat's on your decision to pull the plug!

If we were going to snicker, it would have to be at ourselves for some of the 'shoulda, coulda, woulda' things we've done (or not done) ourselves. Questions are our specialty. We may not have all the answers, but should be able to point you in the right direction.

BTW, your avatar looks strikingly like one of our dear friends and long-time member :eek: He even says HIDEE HO!

Hi Steve and Angie, welcome. I echo everything Karl said, so fire away with those questions.

Steve, you must be Russ' twin brother!

ITCHY FEET said:
As far as an RV go, I am thinking of a usedclass A diesel, in the 50-60 K range. Have been lookin' around e-bay -auto trader -places like this for a month or so.  Really like the concept of slide-outs, but not keen on most of the living-room lay-outs. Have got some good info from your forums already -engines, trannies etc. Gotta keep readin' and figure what works for us. Then get the money and dicker seriously. Anywho, I'm sure I'll have some pretty lame questions. Please be patient and don't snicker too loud. -sc

Humm, I fail to see what is stupid about that plan.. You are doing research, looking for a good deal, getting expert advice from folks who know from expierence what they are typing about.  That ranks rather high on the intelegent chart.

And you have decided on a retirement plan that is fun, interesting, keeps you younger than your classmates and is less expensive than sitting in a rocking chair somewhere vegating yourself into mental shutdown.

All in all, I would say "Stupid" is not a word that applies to you at all,,, Unless of course you have back problems and walk bent over all the time.

Welcome Steve & Angie.  Lack of knowledge isn't the same as stupid, so go look at some Rvs and feel free to ask questions here.  There are many wonderful used motorhomes out there, so have fun shoping and don't fall in lust with the first nice one you see.

The very fact that you are here and asking questions puts you in the top 25%.  It is amazing how many rush into the RV world clueless, and end up i trouble.

Good luck.  If you at all like me you will learn a great deal here if nothing else by lurking and reading.

Welcome aboard and Happy Trails.

:)

We do bear a striking resemblence!
Concider a trip to the sunbelt of US to look for rigs...big chioce there.

I'll be crossing AB in a few weeks on my way home to Iowa from Alaska. Plan to revisit Royal Tyrrel dinosaur museum.

Steve and Angie,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around, join in on any of the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Thanks for joining us.

The only stupid questions are those not asked.  So ask away any questions you have.  Chances are we have been there done that and therefore experienced.  Lot of information available here among the members and we are willing to share.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't want to just start by tellin' everybody that they are wrong, but, I have lived with me for 50 odd years, and I'm startin' to recognize "stupid" when I see it.  I see a lot of "smart" in these forums that I can tap into. What a find!

Russ, you handsome devil, post a pic. (NO THONGS!!)

I see my first budget is shot already. I'm thinkin now I have to scare up somewhere between 75 & 90 to get something I will be happy with. I have been looking at RVers online. Gettin a better idea where I'm headin. Got a lot of reading to do.

Thanks again. -sc![/size]

"NEVER GO FOUR WHEELING WITH SOMEONE CRAZIER THAN YOU ARE!"

JG:
Have you ever been to the Museum of the Rockies??

Nope, but now I have it in my to-do list...thanks.

If you go to the 90K bracket  be sure to look at Monaco Diplomat, Holiday Rambler Endeavor, or American Tradition.  99 or 2000s should make you a real decent unit.  Of course there or others but these or some of the better units.  Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom