Home at Last

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
We arrived at TGO around 1300 today. It's good to be back but there is a lot of work to do to ready the site for habitation. Actually it's not too  bad considering we have been gone for 7 months! Some palm trimming and weeds to pull but the site is surprisingly clean. We should have most of it done by the end of the week if we can keep focused. ;D

I have ordered DSL from Bell South so should have a good connection as opposed to 56K. Can't wait!!!! In the meantime I'll keep using the dial up but should be off by the end of the week. If I can't get it to work I'll be soliciting help from our experts. Hopefully I'll be able to make it wireless so our good neighbors next door will have access as well.

It's not too late to head west for Quartzsite in January and Moab in May......just look at past pics on the website and you'll wish you were heading this way.

Wendy
Navajo Lake State Park, New Mexico
HOW ABOUT THOSE BRONCOS !!!!!

Glad you made it back safely Jim.

Looks like we might be in Orlando in January (Monaco come-home rally). If you folks and the Pallys are going to be around, we'd love to come by and spend a few days with you. What's the deal for booking a site at TGO? We may or may not have some other folks in tow (in their own RVs).

Wendy,

I'm afraid heading west this winter is out of the question. We hope to get there next winter. I really don't need to d/l any photos since I have a ton on my hard drive! :)

Thanks, Tom. It was an uneventful trip. We expect to be here all of January but I might have a 3 day trip to take. Depends upon whether my other shoulder needs fixing. Would love to see you and Chris, and whomever you bring along. Making reservations is easy. Just call TGO at 800-621-2267. Ask for sites at the upper end of Oak Cove or on Fawn Trail. They are the two best areas. Sites will be tight during that time of year. Sure hope you can make it.

Right now I'm enjoying my new DSL line. Sure makes life much more enjoyable.

Hi Gary,

Thanks, we thought of you on the way by Rt. 40. I now have most of the palms cleaned up but need to get at the weeds. Been pretty lousy the last couple of days with off and on rain.

Hi Jeff,

It has been in the 70's here but the past two days have been fairly muggy with rain. Not really bad, though. Sure beats the cold weather up north!!! :)

Jim,

Thanks for the TGO info. I'll let you know when we firm up our plans. Glad you're enjoying DSL.

Glad you made it home safely.  IF I buy the Tiffin I'm thinking about  I may make a swing your way before heading back to AZ  Need to visit some friends that way cause haven't been there in 2 yrs now.  Especially in The Villages between Ocala and Orlando.

Hi Shayne,

If you do buy the Allegro I hope we'll see you over here. The dealership I work at part time sells Allegro. The market will only support up to the Phaeton. Haven't had the opportunity to see the Bus or Zephyr. Let us know if you are able to make it.

Thanks, Ron. It's good to be home and I'm now enjoying DSL!!! Can't get it in CT as I have to sign a 12 month contract. On top of that, because I use to work for them, they want to charge me an additional $10/month for the service!!! :mad:

Yep  thiis is a Phaeton  Just made them an offer  We'll see tomorrow after he talks to his boss.  My Boss says  Oh No, here we go again.  We'll see

Ron said:
Sounds like your old employer has got the retirement benniefits thing kinda mixed up.

It's really strange. Last year they gave us one line with all vertical services including tax, free calliing anywhere in the US for $5 and another line with no ammenities for $6. Then they raised our deductible for medical care a HUGE amount. Now they make us pay more for DSL than regular customers. Sure glad they don't handle my retirement fund any longer!!!!!

Going to pass on the Allegro  won't do what we want  Not enough UHMMMPH  Nop W/D and no Auto dish  That's just more $ to put out and wouldn't use it enough.

Back
Top Bottom