Honda Executive Joins Monaco Board Wrong Reason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

Monaco announced that a Honda Ex_VP is joining board to provide expertise in marketing and distribution. Wrong executive in my opinion. A Honda manufacturing guru would have been a much more valuable resource.

Honda has been successful in both areas Leo.

Tom said:
Honda has been successful in both areas Leo.

Yes, but where is Monaco (and whole industry) weakest and therefore need to enlist outside help on board ????????

Understood Leo, but Honda's always been known for their excellence in engines. Monaco doean't make engines.

Tom said:
Understood Leo, but Honda's always been known for their excellence in engines. Monaco doesn't make engines.

OK, but one more time and I'll get out of here. I don't care if its a Honda executive per se. The point is that if a company takes the unusual step to change or increase it's BOD membership, it should be to address the most pressing issues for the company. Monaco may think its distribution and marketing but my vote goes to improving manufacturing quality which will improve sales vis a vis competition , lower costs dramatically and improve shareholder value.

I agree with Leo.  I thnk this further demonstrates that the industry is focused on marketing rather than product quality and reliability.  I'll concede that the RV industry is highly competitive in the market and that [probably] more customers are swayed by image than by quality /relaibility, but I still think Monaco is a missing a good bet here.  The manufacturer that establishes a strong quality image will quickly become a market leader as well.

I also agree that quality/reliability issues need addressing.  Look at the number of posts, regarding quality, this and the other RV forums receive daily from prospective buyers looking to upgrade or purchase their first RV.  Most have done some homework and have come across several posts discussing the quality issues current/previous owners have experienced and, often been without an RV for weeks/months at a time waiting for the problem to get resolved.

If the factories would produce quality products, they wouldn't have to rely on the dealers to address the issues with (often) under qualified techs or mechanics leaving a bad taste with those that have to deal with them.

I know when I go to upgrade, I will definately go with a unit that has shown a good track record regarding quality.  I would even sacrifice certain floorplans or amenities to do so.

Unfortunately, reality today is that most RV buyers respond to marketing/image. Unless they've owned an RV from a particular manufacturer and experienced problems, they fall for the razzle dazzle. If sales are down (or need to be increased), companies focus on marketing.

Nobody has beaten the quality/relaibilty drum more than me but, unless/until consumers start demanding something different and voting with their $$$, we'll continue to get what we've been getting.

Back
Top Bottom