Honestly...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry I purchased it in 2014
The date code shows that the tires are original. You say that the chassis is a 2011 so it makes sense that the tires are a bit older. Since 32 weeks is just over 7 months, that makes the tires made in July of 2010. Federal law requires that date code and so it is accurate. With tires that are now 12 years old you are just courting a blowout and that can be disastrous. Such things usually do damage to everything in and around the wheel-well if at highway speed. Saving money by keeping the inside dual tires may well cost you thousands of dollars in repairs if one blows out. That is assuming that you get stopped safely and do not have an accident as well.

Look at the picture that you posted of the inside dual tire. It shows all sorts of sidewall cracking so it is dangerous to drive on the highway with it.

I thought all the tires would be the same but the 2 front tiers have a different code what is this date JD3U?

Attachments

• 20220714_112605.jpg
    20220714_112605.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Look further around the tire. Those are likely manufacturer codes for batch, plant etc. that would be needed to know in case of a batch recall or something like that.

I thought all the tiers would be the same but the 2 front tiers have a different code what is this date JD3U?
A previous picture had those same numbers and letters. The date code was 4 numbers to the right in a oval circle.

And it’s TIRES not tiers. 🤣😂😅

I am replacing all the tires, the tread is in great shape I probably put under 3k/year on the RV. I tend to be a skinflint. My brake pads are in great shape checking those while I have the tiers off

I am replacing all the tires, the tread is in great shape I probably put under 3k/year on the RV. I tend to be a skinflint. My brake pads are in great shape checking those while I have the tiers off
I forgot if there is little treadwear there will be little brake wear

The date code shows that the tires are original. You say that the chassis is a 2011 so it makes sense that the tires are a bit older. Since 32 weeks is just over 7 months, that makes the tires made in July of 2010. Federal law requires that date code and so it is accurate. With tires that are now 12 years old you are just courting a blowout and that can be disastrous. Such things usually do damage to everything in and around the wheel-well if at highway speed. Saving money by keeping the inside dual tires may well cost you thousands of dollars in repairs if one blows out. That is assuming that you get stopped safely and do not have an accident as well.

Look at the picture that you posted of the inside dual tire. It shows all sorts of sidewall cracking so it is dangerous to drive on the highway with it.
I am replacing them all

I'm going to put the tire covers on any time the RV is not going to be used for several weeks and maybe put 303 0n them as well. I usually never put the covers on. I just replaced my sun-damaged awning too and put 303 on it where it is exposed when rolled up, I didn't have any help it's really a 2 man job

Last edited:
Might be a little early to repack the wheel bearings I have 30K on this RV
I'm with Rene on the bearings:
1. The tires are off and the rig will already be up on jacks.
2. 30k isn't much for bearings on a car that is regularly used, but at 3k a year it is worth doing since the opportunity is presenting itself. Bearing re-pack also replaces the grease seals to protect the grease from contamination.

Back
Top Bottom